012 bleeding out

TAINTED YOUTH. 03x02+03x04
012 bleeding out

—————————

HALLIE'S HAND FEVERISHLY, laid on lee's shoulder as his own hands gripped onto his fathers one's. he sat helplessly as he watched hershel lay bleeding on the floor.

tears brimmed in his eyes, scared this might be the last time he could potentially see his father alive. hallie squeezed his shoulder before removing her gun from her waist band, pointing it towards the prisoners. the group lifted hershel onto a table. t-dog opened the door killing the first walker that attempted to enter before rolling hershel out the door. slowly backing away hallie watched as daryl held his cross bow high.

running ahead of the group hallie followed the arrows calling out to the group behind her.

"c'mon this way!" she yelled, her voice echoing againt the walls.

kicking open the gate, hallie held it open as they rolled hershel in.

"carl unlock the door now!" 

as hershel was rolled into the cell they lifted him onto the bed. they knew carol would do what she could, but with the little training she had there wasn't much she could do.

lees back hit the wall, he slid down till he reached the floor. his head fell into his hands as panic over took his body.

hallie looked at him, she knew how it felt. the fear. bending down, she looked at him solemnly. hesitantly she reached for his hands. he looked at her with tears in his eyes that it seemed like he refused to let fall.

"i dont know what to do" lee whispered, shaking his head.

"you can't do anything right now except hope and fucking pray. it's hershel we're talking about, your fathers strong — and so are you" hallie smiled softly as she reassured him, "i'm not good at this whole comforting thing, but if you need a shoulder... i'm here"

her thumb rubbed against his knuckles, and hallie smiled at him before standing up. as she turned away from him lee came to his feet quickly.

"hallie?" he called quietly.

turning to face lee, hallie looked at him. "yeah?" she asked softly.

lee suddenly fell against the girl, his hand coming to cup the back of her head as the other wrapped around her shoulders. hallie stood stiff for a second, before slowly her hands slithered around his waist and her chin rested on his shoulder.

"i just feel helpless" lee whispered.

hallies arms tightened around him, her lip coming between her teeth as she nodded, "i know" she replied.

—————————

hallie sat beside hershel with her knife gripped in her hand, she watched as the blade slipped in and out of her fingers. it had become a habit, the twisting of the knife providing a sense of pattern, even comfort.

sighing hallies elbows rested on her knees as she looked over at hershel, placing her hand on his she inhaled deeply.

"come on, old man. you got this" hallie spoke quietly, in a hushed whisper that would only be heard if you were in that room. his finger twitched under hallies grip, causing a small smile to reach her face.