005 bang, bang goes the farmers gun

𝗔𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗠𝗨𝗖𝗛 𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗩𝗜𝗡𝗖𝗜𝗡𝗚, Shane— reluctantly agreed to let Hallie help out with the search

𝗔𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗠𝗨𝗖𝗛 𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗩𝗜𝗡𝗖𝗜𝗡𝗚, Shane— reluctantly agreed to let Hallie help out with the search. Shane had one condition, stay in arms reach at all times. He knew just as well as she did that in the end, the odds of a twelve-year-old coming out of this alive was zero to none.

Abby had agreed to stay on the highway, given T-dog's current dilemma they were short on manpower and if another Herd wandered through—they were done for.

The group had wandered into a church. The ringing of the bells drew their attention hoping someone was signalling them. Their hope was diminished once again once they found out the church bells were on a timer.

Shane knew he had to leave. He couldn't stay there—with rick and Lori. No, he couldn't. Shane knew that no one could survive for long alone. He wouldn't put his daughter in that situation. It would kill him to leave her, but it seemed the only safe option. She didn't know how to use a gun or to protect herself correctly. She would get both of them killed.

Hallie was a smart girl. She wasn't dumb and she certainly wasn't blind. Hallie could tell her father was distancing himself from the group—possibly even her too.

She didn't like being 'an observer' but with an absent parent and a father who was married to his job she didn't have anyone else to rely on other than the strangers that surrounded her.

When her father returned to the group with Andrea by his side Hallie gravitated towards him, a constant state of anxiety when she was apart from him.

"Gotta move here, man. These people are spent. There's only so many hours of daylight left. We still got a long way back" Shane spoke up, slinging his arm around his daughter's shoulders.

"I can't stop yet" Rick mumbled.

"We still got ground to cover, whole other side of the creek bed. So we search that on the way back" Shane nodded as he looked at rick.

"She would have heard them church bells. She could be nearby" Rick shook his head.

"She could be a lot of things..."

"I can't go back. Her being out here is my fault" Rick insisted.

"That's great. Now they got you doubting yourself?" Shane chuckled in disbelief.

"What about you? You doubting me?" Rick asked Shane.

"Hey, we can assign all kinds of blame" Shane dismissed as he brought Hallie closer to him. Roman had stood quiet beside Carol the whole time. Occasionally rubbing her back.

"This means something, we can find her" Rick states strongly.

"Oh, man."

"It would be a miracle we need. We can't give up" Rick pushes, Shane knew there was no backing down at this one, not anymore.