02: ELIXIR BEBOP

"O, beware, my lord, of jealousy;

It is the green-ey'd monster, which doth mock

The meat it feeds on. That cuckold lives in bliss,

Who, certain of his fate, loves not his wronger:

But O, what damnèd minutes tells he o'er

Who dotes, yet doubts, suspects, yet strongly loves!"

William Shakespeare, Othello

In a world where greed, jealousy, indifference, conceit, and penchant intertwined like a tangled web, society danced on a tightrope of chaos and desire. What was once glorified as ambition and aspiration had now become the very shackles that bound individuals in a never-ending cycle of envy and rivalry.

Every gesture, every word, every possession was a mark of comparison, a battlefield where egos clashed and friendships withered. The pursuit of self-interest overshadowed the warmth of camaraderie, leaving behind a trail of broken promises and shattered trust.

The allure of material wealth and social status had turned hearts into stone, leaving little room for compassion or empathy. In this dog-eat-dog world, alliances were fragile, easily broken by a whisper of deceit or a hint of betrayal.

Envy, the silent predator, lurked in the shadows, waiting to strike at the slightest sign of vulnerability. Love, once a beacon of hope and unity, became a casualty of these toxic emotions, suffocated by the weight of possessiveness and selfishness.

As the cycle of envy spun its intricate web, it became clear that holding on too tightly only led to suffocation. The quest for more, for better, for superiority, blinded individuals to the true essence of life - connection, kindness, and shared humanity.

In the end, as hearts hardened and souls grew weary, it was the realisation of the futility of these pursuits that sparked a glimmer of light amidst the darkness. The journey towards redemption began with the recognition that true wealth lay not in possessions, but in the intangible treasures of the heart - empathy, gratitude, and love.

...

In a realm where envy thrived like a poisonous thorn, Jaishi emerged as the queen of all things covetous. Her heart was a barren wasteland, consumed by the flames of desire for everything that she did not possess. She cared not for the happiness of others, consumed only by the insatiable hunger for more.

Long before Jaishi's reign of envy began, there existed a delicate balance within the trinity of stars - Durai, Tewuni, and Sangji. They danced in the celestial skies, their light intertwining harmoniously until the year 456,670 Jeis when Envy was birthed into existence.

Envy, they say, is a force as potent as love, born from the depths of a heart devoid of compassion. It was a force that could compel one to commit unspeakable acts in the name of ownership. And so it was that a Sangjian Fae succumbed to the forbidden allure of a mortal, a love deemed sinful by the laws of their lands.

Geisha, the Fae, dared to love Jehovah, a royal destined to ascend to the throne. Their love was a flame that burned bright and fierce, defying all societal norms and expectations. Yet, in the face of duty and obligation, Jehovah hesitated, torn between his heart's yearning and the weight of his crown.

As their love unfurled against the backdrop of a world in turmoil, the echoes of their hearts reverberated through the halls of destiny. Geisha, consumed by her love for Jehovah, grappled with the realization that their union would forever be forbidden, a dream dashed upon the rocks of reality.