05: PROPHECY

Would the realm summit in darkness because it is portended? Or because there will be those who believe it so strongly that they will make it so?

Should a trance have the power to interpret, it also holds the capability to eradicate preconceived ideas. Because God forbids people from knowing what is to come. He owes no one that the world unfolds as it should, and those who, through mysticism or a dream, may be able to impale the canopy that concocts so densely over all that is before them, may be able to cause God to rip the world from its course and set it on a new one, and where does the clairvoyant stand then? What happened to the luxe and the dreamer?

The agony was a disguised dreamer, now busy generating embryos and expanding its annex over the man's body.

...

A long black shadow slid across the pavement near their feet and the four plebeians, very much startled, looked overhead.

"Why did you use that spell, Hyon? You know it's barred, don't you?"

Jin wasn't fierce but anxious. The last time the spell of 'Eternal unrest' was used was to make the queen of Tewuni sleep her pain away and yet, her pain never starved.

"I had no other option, Hyung. Didn't you see his pains braiding through his heart? He was being possessed and they would take him away, unalive him! I don't know Hyung... I don't know..." Hyon was helpless. He would prefer to die than see his hyung go hysterical.

The fervid feeling was not a sign of malaise; it was a whiff of someone who was truly extant and caring. The problem was never with the empath; it was with society, which has become dysfunctional and emotionally maimed. 

The intensity of their emotions wasn't a flaw; it was a testament to their humanity in a society that had lost touch with empathy. There was strength in vulnerability, beauty in raw emotion. Those labeled as troubled souls were often the ones who held the most compassion, the most profound understanding of pain.

As the four debated their actions, a silent observer lingered in the shadows. The elf of Tewuni watched, his keen eyes taking in every detail, every nuance of their interaction. He felt the pain clawing at his own heart, a reminder of the suffering that haunted their world. Another horrendous emotion of being ripped apart, the heart being jabbed and pulled out of his chest to repeatedly morsel and strain it with more and more pain.

Yet, holding back his agonies, Chim tip-toed to the man who needed empathy more than lullabies of pain.

"He will be fine, Hyon, trust me... He will be up, laughing and being fine..."

"No Chim, he won't, he won't! I have never heard anyone weeping like that before or after; not from a child, nor a man wounded in the palm, nor a tortured man, nor a girl dragged off to work from a taken city. If you heard the woman you most hate in the world weeping, you would go to comfort her. You would fight your way through fire and spears to reach her. And I saw who wept, and what had been done to him, and who had done it, yet I could do nothing, nothing at all. I feel worthless. Nothing will be the same Chim, nothing..."

Life wasn't always easy. One couldn't get through life without becoming frustrated and cynical unless one had a magnificent idea in front of them that elevated them above personal suffering, frailty, and all kinds of perfidy and baseness.

What was even more treacherous was what was about to be done.

...

The castle of Pirropi was awfully silent at this ungodly hour. The mirroring clangour of nothingness was unendurable, another filial intimation of something terrible.

The Almighty Faen hadn't stepped out of his room in the past two days and that had already stirred enough whispers lingering through the constellation. The whole Pirropi anticipated something big, another enormous surge of shuddering sorority of sorrows or maybe catastrophe.

The point of Chaekhal, where the Consuls of each star gathered, was empty, already taking it to be another day the Almighty would refrain from coming out.

But it was just a latterly confusion.

Sudden roaring trumpets upheld a pandemonium, the Curia filled with hushes as the Consuls adjusted themselves in Chaekhals. The clattering of cavalier boots against the marble floor had silenced the hushes mirroring through the castle of Pirropi, it was Almighty Faen.

All eyes were locked on his feet as they bowed their heads low in respect. With his head held up, the Almighty made his way to his throne amidst the hushed silence.

"His Almighty, Faen Fyu h-"

He raised his hand, and the man's voice came to a halt, a hand to keep him from saying anything else.

"Jeong..."

The minister of Sangji trembled at his name being called. His eyes jolted up at the Almighty as he took a few steps forward, bowing in front of his majesty.

"Yes, your Almighty..."

"I need Jung Kwan and the fae, Hyon, here in my Cura by tomorrow, Jeong."

He gulped down the lump residing in the base of his throat, trying hard to steady his plummeting heart. Why Kwan? The man had already seen a lot. Does the Almighty already know?

"Jeong!"

The roar broke his trance as he stumbled over his words.

"Your Al-Almighty, Kwan-"

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Thank you Kato Katopark

Well, this is a short story...
Consul: Ministers
Chaekhal: The King's council chamber

Each character might not be explained with a history, it is a short story.

Enjoyed? ♡