Epilogue I

2023

Rosh Rishon paced around the table at which Rosh Revi'it sat, eying the crystal ball she was peering into. "The time is right, Ariel," the former growled. "What could you possibly be looking for?"

"Peace, Zuriel. Shalom," Rosh Revi'it told Rosh Rishon in a faux-motherly tone. "I'm searching for a moment of peace in the near future. One in which our interference won't stir up too much suspicion."

"I still don't understand why you never did a blood or DNA test," Rosh Shniya said in an agitated tone, pacing around much like Rosh Rishon. "What if that idiot Saurian is her father? Then the transfusion will be a waste of time!"

"Did she or did she not form a total bond with Adina?" Rosh Shlishi asked, the question more of a statement than anything else.

"We all know the answer to that," Rosh Chamisi put in. "But the real question is, was that a result of the lifelong fearmongering or her supposedly-high concentration of Fallen DNA?"

"I suppose we'll find out, won't we?" Rosh Shishi remarked.

"Once we get to Safe Haven, that is," Rosh Shvi'it added. "If we ever do, considering how long Ariel's taking."

"Don't patronize me, Ersael." Rosh Revi'it tapped the crystal ball. "Have faith in my... Claire-voyance." She smiled, chuckling at her own quip. "I've found a gap. It's in two weeks, so we'll have plenty of time to make the appropriate preparations."

"Excellent." Rosh Rishon adjusted the silver bracelets he now wore—new additions to his nephilium collection. "Then the time for our family reunion... has finally come."

       The Fallen of the Seven Heads—Samael, Bernael, Azazel, Raziel, Zaqiel, Samyaza, and Metatron—hovered in the air over the Nephilim below, swords and spears in hand

"The time has indeed come, my brothers," Metatron rasped in his raw, broken voice. "The Saved have had their fun with their pitiful attempts at a purge.

"Now it is time for the REAL Purge to truly begin."