𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 2

Chapter 2
Tears

Sanu woke with the sun, making her way down the stairs to be greeted with mituki.

"what are you doing up so early?" the woman had a loud personality but the words she spoke were so soft

"couldn't sleep that well." Sanu kept her head to the counter trying not to look mitsuki in her eyes, there was an aura around the woman in front of her that would make her legs go limp and salty rivers pour. however mitsuki already dealt with two other emotional children and this one was the easiest to crack.

"Still thinking about Vietnam? " she handed Sanu the mug she was trying to reach.

The silence told Mitsuki more than words could.

"She wont forget you if that's what your worried about." the statement caught Sanu off guard, made her lose her balance.

" how do you know?" Sanu was genuinely intrigued with how confident she was, not looking away from the teabags and sugar.

" because she can barely get away from you when your only a bike ride away if your going That far then she'll make up the stupidest excuses to see or call you, don't worry. "

" I don't want her to keep thinking about me, she gets distracted too easily and then she'll feel shit about falling behind but she wont do anything about it ".

"maybe that's a good thing Sanu," the orange eyed girl turned to the woman, putting the mug down. "With the intense work all of you will be doing your gonna need some sort of break so if talking with each other will do that then so be it."

"you make it sound so easy"

"so why cant it?"

-̴-̴-̴-̴-̴-̴-̴-̴-̴-̴-̴-̴-̴-̴-̴-̴-̴-̴-̴-̴-̴-̴-̴

The same frown plastered itself into her face with just a glance of the motorcycle that was to the side of the garage, taking off her bag and jacket she picked up a screwdriver and some spray paint setting it on the table. With every step the words that echoed in Sanus' mind got louder.

"so why cant it?"

It was repeated over and over and over and she couldn't find an answer or occasion where it would be easy while still having that connections she looked forward to everyday. Besides they would be busy with school and their new friends... wouldn't they? The words that rang through her head muted to a small notification, nothing else. The sound of the metal colliding and the spray paints small hums made her feel balanced, as if she was in the middle of the universe.

She discovered the world of inventing when she was 5 around the same time that she met the twins but a couple months before. she did so through her dad and since that day she has never stopped learning more about inventing, engineering, and gadgets. She always has some project shes working on and if not she improving things that have already been made, whether it was made by her, her dad or someone else.

So naturally when she's feeling angry or confused, happy or sad she would default to making things to distract her self and escape from that small world she was stuck in, usually she would manage to find her way to the sleek brown motorcycle in the garage.

...................................................................................

Hours later the sound of a small ringing noise, coming from Sanus back pocket filled the garage. The green eyed girl got out of her mind loop and put away the motorbike . She pulled out her phone and checked the time "shit " .She rushed to her closet and grabbed her yellow print dress, letting it cascade down her shoulders all the way to her midthigh. She paired it with some dainty gold jewellery and platform black Mary janes while grabbing her small black backpack and walking out the door.

The sun was beaming that morning and Sanu loved every second of it, there were small beeps of the ticket on the scanner outside the train. Making her way to a seat before pulling out her phone and clicking the small blue box.

Nu: I'm on my way.  

She clicked her phone off and picked up a book flicking through the thin pages made time go slower and slower with each page. Sanu was a quick reader when she was focused, wherever she goes there's always a book just within arms reach, which is why her dad built her a library. Really it was just a small room with 2 bookshelves with a small table and chair next to the window but she likes to think of it as her own personal library, it was cosy and she could contort space and time with her books. On quiet mornings after a sleepover, her and tanuki would sit next to each other in the small room, looking over shoulders and reading small printed words. It was tranquil.

And because of how long she has been reading it feels like second nature to just pick up a book the way that heros' feel the need to save everyone they come across. after just 40 pages she was already at her stop. left, right, left, left. she internally told herself. 3 knocks on the door and she took a small step back waiting for the door to open.

"Sanu! how are you?"

word count: 811

AN

sorry for the hiatus and destruction of the first 2 chapters However i have finally resurrected from the dead and i brought my book with me. chapter updated will not be scheduled at all but I've got some free time b4 school so here goes (check out my other story's pls)