Chapter 4 |Hellebore|

🥀"There's been a lot of rain and dark skies in my life but I have no regrets, without the rain how was supposed to bloom"🥀

skies in my life but I have no regrets, without the rain how was supposed to bloom"🥀

FEDERICO POV:

I'm in my office getting a head start on the designs for the grand opening of my new restaurant, I've been working on this for three months now.

My mamma has always wanted a restaurant, so now that I can finally give it to her I will. my mom has always supported me through everything I've wanted to do, so this is the least I could do.

She wanted her just wanted a small restaurant, but she deserves way more then that so I'm making it a two-story Italian restaurant.

I know we're in the middle of California, but she refuses to go back to Italy, she says it brings back to many bad memories.

my office door slamming open, and when I look up I see my dumbass cousin Luca standing there with his head down looking at his shoes, both his hands on his knees.

I think he got dropped on his head a couple of times when he was a baby.

"Zia...Zia said we better be at her house at 6 o'clock sharp" Luca said between breaths.
(Auntie)

"What the fuck have you been doing?" I asked with no emotion in my voice, my eyebrows Lifted in question as he look up at me like I was crazy.

"Hm let me see, Your mother chased me around her house with a spatula when I said I might not be able to make it"

he said sarcastically before sitting down in the chair in front of me "So how's my favorite cousin doing these days.

"Did you find a girlfriend yet?" Luca asked casually, crossing his hands and placing them on the desk,

"I'm not interested in finding a girlfriend," I told with a blank face, he's been trying to play matchmaker when he has no love life of his own.

"You know your mom wants you to get married Eventually right?" he said with a grin on his face.

I push my chair back and stand up, walking towards the door. As I'm about to twist the door handle Luca speaks up. "Where are you going," he said getting out of his chair.

I look at him for a second before walking out. When he finally caught up he put his hand on my shoulder trying to balance himself.

I tensed up at the touch, Luca seemed to notice and removed his hand.

"Sorry" he mumbled before walking in front of me. Luca knew what I went through as a kid.
He helped me when I went to court for the murder of my father.

By the time I got to my car, Luca was already standing there. "I have to go somewhere, so I won't be late for dinner." He said unlocking his mat Black Audi, sports car.