fundy, powerless

I REALLY WOULDN'T MIND MY FEAR OF FLIGHTS—

POWERLESSfundy x reader oneshot, 730 wordssong, powerless by waterparks

POWERLESS
fundy x reader
oneshot, 730 words
song, powerless by waterparks

IN WHICH, impulsive decisionsduring hard times results in fundy on aplane heading home

IN WHICH,
impulsive decisions
during hard times
results in fundy on a
plane heading home

CONTAINS,
long distance relationship,
fluff that made me feel too
cliche whilst writing this,
told in second person pov,
gender-neutral!reader

CONTAINS, long distance relationship, fluff that made me feel toocliche whilst writing this, told in second person pov,gender-neutral!reader

Bad days were inevitable. It was a part of human emotions that we feel the bad just as strongly as we do the good and while Fundy would usually be able to have you on the other line to cheer him up and be alright, sometimes all he wanted was to be physically there with you. It was hard to comfort someone through the internet when all he wanted was to feel your touch as he held you tight. Today was no different from one of those days and even as the five hour call you've been talking in finally ended as to let you go to bed, Fundy felt the bothersome feelings begin to come back again.

And so, feeling both desperate and powerless at the same time, Fundy had booked a one way ticket to you and packed his bags for the flight which was leaving in less than two hours.

By this time tomorrow, he would be in your arms and that was all he needed to push the nerves aside as he rushed out of his house and into the car. Maybe impulsively flying to you wouldn't solve his problem but the thought of finally being able to hold you and not have to worry about losing track of time on your late night calls was comforting. And to think that once he got off this plane and grabbed his luggage, he'd only be so much closer to finally experiencing it was something he found hard to wrap his mind around.

This was really happening.

He was really going to see you. He'd finally be able to hold you.

It was really happening.

His mind was a blizzard of thoughts and worries as he slowly made it up to your front door. He was actually here, and on the other side of it stood you, unassuming and possibly furious at the fact that he hasn't been able to reply to any of your messages for the past few hours.

Dropping his bags onto the ground, he took a deep breath before knocking thrice on the door. First came silence, before the muffled sounds of footsteps and shuffling from inside filled his ears. It's happening.

The locks were opened and as the door swung open to reveal your frame, he watched as your tired expression quickly morphed into one of excitement and joy before you had run into him, burying your face in his chest as he wasted no time in wrapping his arms around you securely. It was like he was scared this would all be a dream, that he'd suddenly wake up and find himself back in the Netherlands despite knowing that was impossible.

After a moment of standing like that, you were the first one to pull away.

"You're here, you're- when did you- how?" You asked, mind visibly racing as you tried to process what on earth was happening. Despite you having let go from the hug, you still kept one hand holding onto his loosely.

Fundy let out a small laugh. "I missed you that's why." He said as he took your hand and interlocked his fingers with yours. "And I couldn't wait until the summer to come visit."

You and both agreed to originally meet up in the summer when the weather was nicer and you'd have more free time. It had been the plan for the past few months but it appears that Fundy was impatient, not that you were complaining at all.

"I'm sorry if I worried you earlier for not replying." He said and now it was your turn to laugh.

Quirking a brow at your reaction, he was about to open his mouth to say a joke until your arms wrapping around his neck cut him off.

"If this is what happens whenever you don't answer my calls then I'll never be mad."

And if this was how you'd cut him off from now on he wouldn't really mind either.

His arms remained wrapped around your figure as he buried his face in the crook of your neck and the bad feelings that brought him here seemed to fade.

Even if they weren't permanently gone, he knew he wouldn't have to worry so much about it this time because he was finally with you.

After so long of wishing and dreaming of this day, he was finally here.

Fundy was home.

—WITH YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE, LIFTING UP MY TIRED EYES