iii : romance

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

( y / n )

I GRIPPED MY ARCHERY BOW and tried for form a coherent sentence that would explain who me and chunja were. if they knew cupids exist, their perception of love would change, i need to come up with some sort of excuse but i can't seem to find one at the top of my head, plus with the pressure put on me. i called them mortals, it's a no brainer to figure out that we are immortal.

fuck. what do i say now? why didn't i just stay silent and fly away with chunja, explaining how we should just hide while doing our job to avoid anymore cases like these. i figured as much that toritsuka was a medium which is why he was able to see us. i thought it would only apply to ghosts, apparently it applies to anything that a normal human can't see.

but for kusuo... he's a psychic. but he doesn't have the ability to see ghosts, though? how does this apply to him?

the clock was ticking, i can't just make up some unbelievable excuse right now! lying is usually something i'm good at. we were taught this in case we were to use a physical form. i can't, however, lie under pressure. the only way now is to tell the truth of our identities and pray chunja and i will have a low punishment once we return to heaven. i just hope aphrodite doesn't give us too much of an earful.

"we're cupids." chunja snapped her head towards me, eyes filles with worry. "it's okay, there's nothing we can do about it now since they know we aren't ghosts." i sighed, defeated. the only thing to do now is continue our duties peacefully and hope these two don't blabber about.

"what?! aren't cupids supposed to be those babies in diapers that shoot the arrows?!" the medium yelled, unable to wrap this fact around his head. i rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. "humans are so reliant on stereotypes. whoever said that cupids are babies were definitely on something. we're the same age as you."

"man, if i knew cupids were this hot, i would've given up on the girls here ages ago!" toritsuka said proudly, eyes sparkling. ahh, now i see why chunja looked like someone just said she was banned from heaven upon reading his information. come to think of it, does someone like him even have a soulmate? he's such a scumbag pervert. oh well, everyone deserves love and a partner to go with.

"cupids can't get together with a human." chunja said, exasperated as if she said this multiple times to him before.

"so, those arrows-" kusuo started, pointing at the lone arrow that was placed in my quiver. "they help with the 'falling in love' thing?" i smiled and nodded, relieved he's the only sane person right now. "did you just try to make me fall in love with someone?" he coldly asked, hands forming into fists. i felt sweat form on my forehead before trying to explain my side.