vii : tiring train ride

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

( y / n )

A YAWN ESCAPED MY LIPS as i stepped inside a, fortunately, semi-empty train. cracking a tired smile and thanking the gods for blessing me with a non crowded train, i took a seat and almost immediately passed out once my head hit the window.

being a human was so tiring it makes me so sleepy just by doing simple activities. though, our teacher did warn us about this. taking on a physical form will "tire" us out even though we don't get tired. so, we get tired easily unlike normal mortals, which is troublesome in my opinion. just waking up feels like a chore.

now you may be wondering why i'm boarding a train, it's because i went to this cafe that teruhashi and yumehara dragged me to. yes, at 2 in the afternoon- the hour where i should be taking a nap but in order to gain their friendship, i reluctantly accepted. i wasn't as tired so i agreed to go but i gradually got tired and i sleepy, which takes us to the present where i'm holding back the urge to take a quick nap and risk missing my station.

my eyelids felt heavy as i irritatingly rubbed them to feel at least slightly energized. cracking open the water bottle and gulping down the refreshing liquid, i wiped the edge of my lips and slipped the water bottle back inside my backpack and stared at the empty seat in front of me.

the train stopped and more people boarded, one of them so happened to be a certain pink haired psychic. fortunately for him, i am in no mood to be a mischievous little shit. ignoring the presence of the boy, another yawn escaped my lips as i covered my mouth. gods, this was annoying. i hate this feeling of drowsiness so much.

i still had 3 more stations - yes, that was how far that damned cafe was. oh well, the sweets were worth it.

i wanted to sleep so badly but i would probably end up resting my shoulder on a random stranger and that wouldn't be a wonderful experience for them. trying my best to stay awake, the psychic mentioned earlier took a seat next to me.

raising an eyebrow but not thinking too much about it, i tiredly waved. "look who decided to sit next to me." i tried to tease but it didn't really work with how exhausted i looked. my hair was a mess from me scratching it to prevent myself from sleeping and my eyes were slightly red and teary from how many times i rubbed them.

"you look horrible." he commented. i scoffed and rolled my eyes, crossing my arms. "yeah, well you don't look too dapper yourself either." closing my eyes, i felt my head jerk forwad and my whole body flinched in response. heart beating fast with adrenaline because of how embarrassing that must've looked, i hid my face with my jacket hood.

"did you not get any sleep?" the boy asked beside me. i sighed, "being a human takes a lot of energy. if we're in this form, we get tired and sleepy easily than normal humans." i explained telepathically, not wanting to draw attention to myself with that explanation. kusuo only nodded and crossed his legs.

"you can sleep. i'll wake you up once you're at your station." he reassured. i snorted, "you don't even know what my station is." i giggled silently as the former rolled his eyes, "fine. stay inside the train then."

"why are you even riding a train? can't you just-" i opened my palm, as if to say poof. saiki sighed, "there's a cafe that had good reviews. i'm on my way there." i raised a brow, "wait... cafe? i just went there!" i whisper yelled to myself, a sudden realization hitting me like a truck. if kusuo is supposed to be on his way to a cafe, which is most likely the cafe i just went to, then that means i'm taking the train back to the cafe!

burrying my face in my palms, i contemplated how to deal with the situation. i could just ask kusuo to teleport me but asking for a favor from him is a gamble. he wouldn't just accept it. or, i could get off on the next station and take the train home... but i don't know the routes of the next station. the only option is to go back to the station where i left to go to the cafe and take the train back home.

ugh, this is so tedious! was i so sleepy i entered the wrong train?!

"kusuo," i spoke, feeling annoyed at myself. the boy hummed, "wake me up when we're at the cafe station, alright?" and with that, i let the drowsiness take over me and dozed off, my head landing on a random shoulder to which i can only hope was kusuo's.

kusuo

the girl beside me dropped her head on my shoulder, causing me to stiffen immediately. well, this was awkward and a situation i could've avoided completely if i had just ignored her once i saw her. it looked like she didn't even notice me when i stepped inside the train, so why did i even bother sitting next to her?

still, she did say she was tired. i don't even owe her any favors, as far as i'm concerned.

i stared at the cupid who was resting peacefully on my shoulder, eyes closed. she looked tranquil- it felt tranquil as if not many people were inside the train, crowding every inch of the vehicle. i leaned my head back and relaxed myself, paying attention to the announcements.

i once again found myself staring at the girl who continued to sleep. it seemed like not even a nudge could wake her up.

...

just this once. i would let her off just this once because if what she's saying is true, then it would be technically my fault that she had to take on a physical form to matchmake aiura and i (despite my many protests). yes, i'm the one making her go through all this trouble but maybe there could be a chance that she would eventually give up and finally leave me alone.

"ishikawa station." i heard the conductor speak from the intercom. i flinched and realized it was my station. just as i was about to get up, a weight on my left shoulder prevented me from doing so. oh right. i gently nudged y/n in hopes of waking her up but her face only scrunched in annoyance. i furrowed my eyebrows and nudged her again, trying to wake her up but to no avail.

at this point, we'll both miss our stop!

"y/n." i whispered, trying to wake her up. as if on cue, the girl woke up but just as the doors closed, making us miss our stop. y/n looked shocked as she just saw the ishikawa station labeled on the stop.

i glared at the cupid, feeling annoyed. "aah, i'm sorry, kusuo! you were just so comfortable." she apologized. was that comfortable thing supposed to be a compliment? my parents said my shoulders felt like stone and steel combined. letting out a sigh, i leaned back on the seat, "it's fine. we'll just get off the next station and i'll teleport us there."

nodding, the cupid rested her head on the window and rubbed her eyes tiredly, trying not to sleep as to not make the same mistake as last time.

"you can sleep again." the girl tilted her head in confusion, "but we might miss our stop agai-"

"it's fine." i stated, cuting her off. with that being said, y/n once again rested her head on my shoulder, getting comfortable. i sighed and stared at the fast passing telephone wires and blue sky decorated with clouds. i could let her sleep some more, it's not as if the cafe is going anywhere and i could teleport us right now since this part of the train is almost empty, and the few people sitting are dozing off so they wouldn't notice.

after double checking, i teleported us to the ishikawa station bench that, luckily, wasn't populated. "y/n." i spoke again, trying to wake up the cupid. this time, she shot awake, eyes wide open. "i'm up! wait- why are we suddenly at ishikawa station?" she turned to me for an answer.

the only answer i gave was a motion of my palm, "poof."

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾