v : aphrodite

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

( y / n )

"CAN WE REALLY ASK ANYTHING?" aiura double checked to make sure i was comfortable. i smiled at the intention and waved my hand dismissively, "yeah, no worries. it's not like anything i say will surprise people like you three anyway." i chuckle, taking a sip of blue lemonade. my face scrunched into that of surprise. "mm! this thing tastes good!" i pointed at it and sipped on the cold blue drink once more.

toritsuka raised a brow, "do you eat food like us?" i hummed for a brief while, "nah, we don't eat. we don't get hungry either, so this feeling of emptiness on my stomach is new to me." i answered. i was always fascinated on how humans are so fragile. they need to drink to stay hydrated and eat to gain energy and be healthy. cupids don't get tired nor get hungry or thirsty. but since i'm in a physical form a.k.a a human form, i'm forced to feel things a normal human could feel. although, i can still use powers a cupid can, i'm also stuck with the cons of being a mortal.

"what do cupids do after they're done matchmaking?" aiura asked, taking a bite of her cake. "they move onto the next human aphrodite assigns them to. but that doesn't mean we won't see the last human. we still have to maintain their relationship and make sure they are happy for most of the time." i frowned at the lack of liquid flowing in my mouth then realized the drink was finished. wait, the blue lemonade is a bottomless drink! realizing this, i raised my hand to call a waitress and asked for refill.

i stared at kusuo, "don't you have any questions for me?" i asked, chuckling. he only shook his head but then stopped and looked at me. "do cupids fall in love?" i froze for a second before regaining my composure. falling in love, huh? that's laughable. "no. no, they don't. cupids can't feel the emotion like love for themselves but they can feel others' love, you get me?" i explained, clasping my hands together, "the only way we would fall in love with a human was if we get pricked by are arrows."

"do you know of the story of eros and psyche?" i asked, trying to explain this concept further. i want them to know this fact— that cupids can't fall in love in case of a situation where one mortal ends up liking a cupid. the students shook their head. well, i expected as much. it's not like they teach this in school.

"to cut it short, psyche was a beautiful mortal. aphrodite got jealous of her and ordered her son, eros, to shoot her with an arrow so that she may fall in love with something hideous," i pause to take in a deep breath, scared aphrodite could hear my conversation, "however, upon seeing how beautiful psyche was, he got distracted and accidentally scratched himself with an arrow that specifically makes you fall in love with the first thing you see."

"none of the cupids know what happened after eros and psyche got together. some say they had a daughter, others say he was banned from the heavens which is why no one sees him around anymore." and with that, i end my story. there was tense silence before i spoke up again, "anyway, after that incident, the gods ordered cupids to make an arrow that prevents history from repeating itself. though, the arrows are still pretty sensitive, it's possible for a cupid to fall in love with a human, albeit the chances of it are low." i then made an arrow appear in front of them with the wave of my hand.

its pointed top and heart shaped fletching at the end sparkling with the effects of passion. "if i get pricked with this, it wouldn't really have an effect on me. unless, it was somehow that specific arrow that caused eros to fall for psyche." i explained, making the arrow disappear. "that should cover your question, kusuo. anything else?" the psychic shook his head and continued eating his coffee jelly. just then, the waitress appeared and refilled my drink.

"oh, yeah! isn't aphrodite the goddess of love and beauty? is she hot?!" toritsuka asked, sparkles in his eyes. what an innocent look for such an indecent question. "um, i am lawfully obligated to say that she is beautiful and elegant in order to avoid facing the wrath of said goddess." i sweat dropped. i already broke the rules by exposing more about cupids, i can't anger aphrodite even more.

"thanks for all that, y/n!" aiura said, smiling, "what for? i just answered all your questions." i frowned, confused. aiura shook her head, "actually, i checked my crystal ball again to see if kusuo will end up with me but the future was pretty blurry. it kept kinda lagging at me when i asked for our future." this made me panic. if her future is foggy, then it means i've failed! no, i can't let that happen.

i rested my hand on aiura's shoulder, making her look at me questioningly, "i will definitely make sure you end up with kusuo." i say, confidently, giving the gyaru a thumbs up. she only laughed, "well, i appreciate the help, ms. wingwoman. but i don't want to force him into a relationship if he doesn't want to."

"hey, i'm not going to force you two! i'm gonna gradually end up making him like you!" i crossed my arms, huffing. wrapped her arms around me and giggled, "i didn't mean it like that, y/n. i know you wouldn't do something like that. hey, how about you get to know kusuo more so you can find out what he likes and dislikes?" she suggested. i rubbed my chin, "hmm, well, this scroll provides me with everything. apparently with each passing day, i get more information. oh look, a new one."

reading the text, i giggled, "parents are very welcoming. they want their son to have many friends. ha, how sweet," i snickered, sneaking a glance at kusuo, "can i meet your parents soon?" i asked. the boy immediately refused. "i'm pretty sure a senior of mine was the one who matchmade your parents. seems they did the right thing." i mumbled to myself.

"are we done here?" kusuo suddenly said, "if yes, i'm going home." i smiled and waved the psychic goodbye, "alright. you guys can go home, i need to figure out my next step." the three high school students stepped out of the cafe as i was left behind. their company sure was nice. it beats being alone back in heaven.

"y/n l/n." aphrodite's smooth yet strict voice rang in my ears. i immediately sat up, looking around me only to find that i was back up in heaven. the woman before me was strikingly beautiful. she had long, red hair and sparkling hazel eyes that held authority. i gulped, getting on my knees and bowing my head, "a-aphrodite! apologies for breaking multiple rules to mortals, i swear it was an accident. if you may grace me with a lower punnishment, i would be greatful for all eternity!" i exclaimed, wishing it would all be over.

aphrodite knelt to my height and patted my head, "you graduated just 3 days ago, correct? and yet you had broken not one, not two, but four rules!" she got up and turned her back on my. i felt my face pale from fear. please, at least let me finish this mission!

"however, i will let you off with a warning." relief washed over me and i cracked a greatful grin, "seeing as how your target was not a normal human being, your circumstances are excusable." she explained and turned to face me, a white rose in her hand. "you may go. though, i must say, taking on a physical form to perform this task might end up doing you more harm than good."

a flash of white and i was back in bed, gasping. what did aphrodite mean by that last sentence? it's not like i would cause trouble for anyone while i'm in a human form, plus if all goes to hell, i might just end up pleading with kusuo to let me prick him. i gripped my blankets and hugged my knees to my chest— i don't want to fail. this is the only thing cupids are good for, i don't want to be a failure. no cupid has failed to matchmake before. matchmaking is supposed to be the easiest job choice!

i hate you, kusuo saiki. you're making my job harder than it needs to be! just why are you so stubborn?

staring off into space, i glanced at my bed to find the white rose aphrodite held earlier. had she gifted this to me? a gift from a goddess is a blessing for sure, maybe this could help me.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾