00.The Trials and Tribulations of Fighting Drunk

Nico sat in the back of his dad's car looking out the window, the 2hr car ride alone with his father and brother was not doing a good job persevering his dwindling grasp on staying sober. The gnawing feeling of shame got to him again as the thought crossed his mind drinking was the reason he was in this stupid fucking car, he thought back to the end of the school year party.

His vision was blurry and distorted as he continuously hit the unconscious lump on the floor beneath him, Nico doesn't even remember how the fight started or who threw the first punch. Blood dripped from his fist  and a pounding formed in his head, someone strong ripped him away from the body.

Someone had called the cops, that sobered him up fast as he looked around at the men in blue his eyes caught a particular one's disappointed stare.

"Shit."

The police station was cold and lifeless but, that was probably by design. His father stood at the reception desk speaking to one of his coworkers, talking about him most likely. The feeling of  dread seeped through his tired body as his father walked towards him.

Anger permeated  off the man and he looked like he wanted to strangle the boy. The car ride home was going to be a fucking disaster.

"Do you have any idea how stupid this was!" Matteo screamed at him his hands gripping tightly on the steering wheel, "The Millers are thinking about pressing charges, Nico!"

"Who fucking cares if they press charges their asshole son was at fault. If he hadn't--"

"I fucking care Nico! Your brother fucking cares! The only one that seems not to fucking care is you!"

They had come to a stop in their drive way. Matteo looked back at his son his temper seemingly simmering down.

"I was mulling it over but, now I'm sure..." He paused for a second like he was choosing his words "...I'm sending you to rehab."

"I don't need to go to fucking-"

"It's not up for debate!" The anger was back now. "Can you just listen to me for once in your life!"

Nico looked down at his lap pissed. He didn't need to go to fucking rehab and he didn't need to be treated like some kind of  fuck up compared to his siblings but, there was no explaining that to his angry father.

"Fine. I'll go."

His father sighed "Thank you."

The feeling of the car stop moving pushed Nico out of his thoughts. His father turned to look back at him with a smile.

"Need me to walk you inside?"

Nico shook his head and got out of the car with his luggage. This was going to be a rough summer.

A/N: Sorry this chapter is so short the others will not be nearly as short. Thanks for reading :)