5. DROWNING IN DISTRACTION

Seeing Monami like this, Karan knew he had to do something to lighten her mood. Her sadness was eating her and he couldn't see her like this. The next day he thought of taking her out. But how? He should have a solid reason for her to agree and come along. He thought of Sid. maybe he could help. But then again, ever since he has rejected Monami's proposal, how would he explain about his feelings to Sid. Everything was so complicated. It's chaotic and there is no clear way out. Finally, he thought let's take everyone out. 
" sare cadets ko bahar leke jaata hoo, Monami bahar ghoom bhi legi aur mujhe sid se baat bhi nahi karni padegi" he thought. 

In Aneesh's room, Sid did find some pendrives, local hard discs and some cds. but no wiretapping device. He thought maybe there could be something in those devices so he took those devices.  When he checked the files in his computer, each pendrive had one video and the cds were empty. He quickly downloaded the files to his computer and placed them back in Aneesh's room. 

Karan told faizi about his plan and faizi suggested that they should go to the near waterfall. It will be fun. The notice was put up on the notice board in the announcement hall and everybody was excited. Monami and Sid however thought of staying back. They could check the files together and look for the wiretapping device again. Everybody was in the mess discussing about where they were going and what they would play.  
Suddenly, Sid held his stomach and fell down with a thud. This caught everyone's attention. Monami got worried too and went near him followed by Aneesh.  Sid was crying on the floor still holding his stomach. 
" kya hua sid, are you ok??" monami panicked. Sid winked at her a couple of times for her to understand that its an act. She understood. 
" sid bhaiji, kya hua aapko??" bala cried after looking at Sid. As much as Sid hated lying to Bala, he could not help it. Bala or anyone else from the academy should not know about Aneesh. 
" i don't think mai aisi halat me jaa paoonga" sid said faking weak voice. 
" tu dispensary chal, dawai lena and rest karna. Mai bhi rook jaati hoo, in case sid ko meri zaroorat padi to. " Monami supported him while patting his back. Both of them were best friends for this reason. each knew when to play along. Handle each other's lies. This would have been a trio had Riya been alive. 
Chitra and everybody pouted thinking Monami and Sid won't be joining them.  

" Then mai bhi nahi chal paoonga, mere juniors aur best friends hi nahi jaa rahe to mai jaake kya karoonga. I'll stay back" Aneesh spoke after few seconds. Monami and Sid frowned. 

" koi zaroorat nahi hai" a voice came from behind. Karan and Faizi had been watching all this. He understood sid was faking it. 
" koi bhi picnic pe jaane se mana nahi kar sakta." he said while looking at sid and Monami. Both became nervous like two kids who have been caught doing something wrong. Turning to aneesh he said, " ye picnic arrange hui hai sabhi cadets ko refresh karne ke liye, to tumhara chalna waise bhi zaroori nahi hai, Doc.  
Kneeling down he said," tumhari tabiyat mai picnic pe theek karta hoo, nahi to Monami to hai hi" while looking at Sid. Sid gulped like his lie has been caught. He got up and announced" picnic par sab chalenge, now pack your bags" and left. Another great opportunity was missed. Sid and monami were angry. 
within 2 hours everyone was ready. A bus was rented as the waterfall was a 45 minutes ride. Depending on the traffic it could take as long as an hour or a little more.  
Monami was carrying her luggage to the bus when Aneesh took it from her and said," let me." Rather than a request he had already took it. Still suspicious about him, she smiled and followed him.  Sid was already sitting in the bus and was waiting for Monu.  

Aneesh and Monu boarded the bus and monu sat beside Sid and Aneesh said beside chitra because she kept insisting. Karan and Faizi boarded the bus last along with Banta ji and sat at the very end. The entire ride was fun as all kept playing games. Sid was still pretending to be sick and resting his head on Monu's shoulder. Suddenly Monu got a call from Kamini Aunty, at first she thought to decline it but she answered it thinking they could talk more about Aneesh visiting her through the years. Maybe some new clue could be found. They spoke. ( conversation to be included in the next chapter). 
They reached at the place in about 50 minutes as traffic was a bit less. Everybody got down and pretty much scattered everywhere. It was near a forest with a lot of  hawkers and food stalls. And also a dhaba at some distance. They roamed near the waterfall for some time, clicking pictures and eating snacks. Suddenly faizi thought of something. He gave a little smirk to Karan which he did not understand.  

Sid and Monu were together when faizi called them. 
" are, Monami aur Siddharth yaha aao". 
Karan looked at him and whispered," abe saand, kya kar raha hai".
" tumhari madad janaab ji, tum bas ruko, tumse kuch nahi hoga ye hum samajh gaye hai" faizi replied while gritting his teeth, faking a smile looking at #Simi coming towards them.  
" ab kaisa lag raha hai, Siddharth?" he asked. 
" not good sir, but this place is good" Sid replied not understanding  as to why he was asking him this. 
" Yaha se waterfall ka ekdum clear view hai. Come." he pulled them where they were standing.
They were standing near the edge and a little bit of push and someone could fall down in the water.

 Now Monami and karan were standing together. And Sid and faizi. 
" Siddharth hamari ek photo click kar do na . Hamari best cadet ke saath" Faizi requested. 
Monami standing between Karan and Faizi. Karan hesitated to keep his hand on her shoulder and Sid noticed it. He found it weird but clicked the picture anyway. 
Faizi  was coming toward Sid to see the photo but he lost his balance because of the rocks but Monami and karan held him . Karan and monami came close and faizi thinking his work is done pulled his hand with a jerk that made Karan and Monami lose balance. Monami's sandal slipped because of the rocks and because they were still holding each other, both fell in the water. 
Sid was still holding the camera but his jaw dropped. " MONU!!!" he screamed. 
"Hai Allah!!!" Faizi cried. 

What do you think Monami and Kamini aunty spoke about?? 
What will Aneesh do next??

ROMANCE COMING UP IN THE NEXT CHAPTER. 
KEEP READING !!!!!
BYEEE!!!