8. RE-OPENING RIYA MATHUR'S CASE

" SIR. i want to reopen Riya Mathur's case" spoke Monami over a phone call. She made the call with another phone as hers was being tapped by Aneesh. 

The cadets have come back from the picnic. Aneesh is nowhere to be found and his luggage was also not seen. Karan felt a bit weird as Aneesh came in academy fro duty reasons so he couldn't just leave like that without any notice. Sid and Monami however became alarmed because now they could not see what he is up to. They had still not checked the files that Sid had downloaded the other day. 
Monami told Sid about the phone call with Kamini aunty on the day of picnic:
(monami=M, kamini=K)

K: maine disturb to nai kiya na beta.
M: nahi aunty, uss din hamari baat complete nahi ho payi thi 
K: darasal mujhe tumhe kuch batana hai 
M: ji boliye na 
K: phone par nahi bata sakti, i want to meet you. 
monami felt a bit weird from her tone. like she was pleading. She did not sound casual. After the phone call ended Monami just couldn't understand why Kamini aunty sounded like that. Like she was scared. 
She went to Sid's room and they started checking the files. 3 out of 4 videos were of Monami from the college days. only one video was of Riya . 
The last video was all they needed. 
BACKSTORY OF RIYA's DEATH 

After Riya's father's death, she went into depression and couldn't cope with the problems of life sober. Many students in big universities take drugs and medication to pass out of academic life. Another peer of hers suggested she should also take some for temporary basis. Riya's mother was not emotionally available for her as she was herself coping the loss pf her husband and she was too hesitant to speak about all her confused thoughts to sid and Monami. 
The video showed Riya confessing that she took drugs but the drug provider was one of Aneesh's friend as he was senior in the same college. They made a group including Aneesh and threatened Riya that they will expose her if she says anything about their group. They made a video of her in intoxicated state and recorded some private moments of hers. 
Just for the fun of ragging she was constantly bullied until she gave up and committed suicide. 
( this is just for writing purpose. I do not support such things in real life and would request the audience to not follow such life path. )

After seeing the video, Sid had tears in his eyes and ran away while Monami was determined to bring Riya to justice. She had cried enough, now it was time for the world to know about her truth. She sent a copy of that video to her another phone and contacted the police officer who was in charge of Riya's case 10 years ago. Because of lack of evidence, no verdict was given on the case. 

Sid: monu, mai use chodunga nahi. I will not spare him. 
Sid came back and fisted his right hand on the table while saying this. 
Both were ready to bring an end to this story. Monami told sid that they should collect more evidence. She switched off her real phone as an evidence that it was being tapped. They had decided to leave for mumbai in two days to meet the rest of the people in the video and take their confession with the help of police. 
Sid called his family lawyer and explained the case, taking suggestions on what kind of evidence they should collect to bring Aneesh and group to harshest punishment. They also had to find the missing things of Riya, the second sim of her phone, her diary and her favorite dress. 

Karan thought of this as a good chance to confess to Monami. He thought of making some arrangements but there was no time. It won't be night forever. And who knows Aneesh may come back tomorrow. Just as he was about to leave his room he got a text from Monami,
" Agent Shergill, report outside Academy. Now. Over." 
At first he did not understand but quickly changed his clothes and ran outside. He saw Monami standing near his jeep. She was wearing a white dress knee cut. She was looking beautiful under the street lamp. Her hazel eyes sparkling differently and her smile widening with every passing second. He was happy but not sure why she had called him out at night. 
Monami's POV 
After listening to how Sid felt on the day of picnic for karan, She couldn't help but think that maybe he wanted to make a fresh start. That's why he was making all those efforts. She thought she too should respond and so she planned this. 

" kya hua Monami, tumne mujhe yaha kyu bulaya?" karan asked while walking towards her. 
" Kulfi khane chaloge??" She asked while smiling widely. 
" huh??" karan was confused. " abhi??" he looked at her surprised 
" haa, mujhe bhot man ho raha hai" she said while looking at him. 
" monami mujhe tumse kuch kehna hai." karan spoke thinking it is the right time to confess. 
"oho, baaki baate baadme. pehle chaabi do"  

What is Aneesh's surprise for Monami??

A ROMANTIC DATE COMING UP IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!
STAY TUNED!!!
BYEEE!!