Chapter 55- Prom Night

Rowena and Natalie's prom dresses^ the colors match their aesthetics :) Link a Pinterest of your own ideas!

I definitely spent the entire day getting ready for prom.

Mom came into town and Natalie came over to get ready with me. No boys were allowed until we were ready to leave.

Natalie was helping me with some finishing touches on my makeup and I was going to help her finish her hair.

I was proud of my dress. It was a satin emerald green gown that was off the shoulders and had an open slit down the side. My hair was half up in a braided crown and the other half cascaded down my back with curls. Mom insisted that I do a smoky eye look that brought out my eyes. She said they matched the color of my dress.

Natalie wore a spaghetti strap lavender gown that shimmered in the slightest light. Her usual straight hair was up in an elegant bun and I left a few strands loose and curled. She went a little bolder in her makeup than her usual day-to-day look. Cyrus was going to melt when he saw her.

Mom was still taking pictures of us upstairs when the doorbell rang. Dad was home at this point to let them in. I heard loud talking, and then I heard Declan.

"Row Row, we're heeeere!" He yells from downstairs.

"Ready?" I ask Natalie.

"Ready," she responds. "You go first though, I feel nervous."

I was nervous too, but I didn't say it. I fluff my hair a little and take a deep breath before making my way down the stairs. My gaze falls on Declan immediately, with him in a dark suit and a dark green tie to match my dress. I had never seen him look so dressed up and he looked damn good. 

Cyrus is talking to him about something and he sees me first. He gives me an impressed smile and Declan notices, turning his face to see what caught Cyrus's attention.

When his eyes fall on me it's like I almost see something illuminate in his otherwise dark gaze. He takes his time looking at me from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet as I take the last few steps. I think the natural flush of his cheeks goes a tad bit darker and he has the softest smirk on his lips.

So when he opens his mouth to say something, I anticipate something sweet that'll warm my heart. I was not prepared for what he actually said.

"GAW DAMN," He exclaims loudly. "That's my emerald gem right there." Then, he wraps his hands around my hips and drags me closer so he could plant a kiss on my forehead. "You look beautiful, Row."

I laugh. He was surprising and kind and completely loveable all in one, so my heart warmed anyway. "Thank you," I say and adjust his tie for him. "You look pretty too."

"Woah," Cyrus says and I look at him to notice he's watching the stairs, or more importantly, Natalie coming down the stairs. She's holding her dress up as she steps down and Cyrus walks forward to hold out a hand for her. Natalie smiles brightly as she takes it.