Chapter 7

"Max, take this" Maya had been struggling to get the twins ready for nursery for almost 20 minutes now.

Both Max and Rustle were refusing to cooperate with the blonde.

One minute Max was in the room Maya had placed him in, and suddenly the next he was gone; all she could hear were high picked squeals and giggles coming from both boys.

Maya sighed heavily, taking a deep breath to try and calm her frustration.

She never shouted at the twins and planned to keep her calm voice present even when they were being unmanageable.

Her father had always used a harsh, angry tone as well as shouting every word, which didn't help Maya in the slightest whilst growing up.

Maya's trauma has helped her to be a better parent to the twins.

"Rustle, can you come here please sweetheart" Maya made her way out of the twins room and followed the many pieces of clothing that covered the majority of the hallway floor as well as the giggles that filled her apartment.

She stopped for a moment; the frustration immediately fading away when she saw both blondes standing in the middle of the living room with their hands on their hips, shirts off, their underwear on top of their heads and their shirts wrapped around their necks like a cape.

"Look Mommy super hero's!" Maya didn't say anything, she just stood their and smiled in awe at her children.

Before she missed the opportunity she slid her hand into the back pocket of her jeans to retrieve her phone in which she took a few photos of the twins; immediately sending them to Andy.

"You know what... you boys make the most handsomest super hero's ever" Maya watched as Max wrapped his arm around his brothers neck gently; posing against him.

"We are duo Mommy" this melted Maya's heart completely as if she wasn't a giant melt already.

"You certainly are, now as much as mommy loves this outfit choice, as well as the superhero look you've got going on here you'll be late for nursery if you don't get dressed properly now" that seemed to work.

Both boys discarded the items of clothing that were situated on the wrong part of the body before allowing the blonde to help them get dressed.

Both twins were finally at nursery; Maya sighed as she entered the station.

"Rough morning?" Andy asked, as she watched her best friend slumped over the side of the desk, head resting against the desk.

"It was a struggle, but also adorable" Maya answered, as she smiled softly at the thought of her boys.

"A struggle yet adorable? How so?" Andy asked, confused at Maya's gentle smile.

"Check your phone" Maya responded, watching as Andy pulled her phone from her back pocket.

Maya scanned her best friends face as she watched the furrow of her eyebrows quickly turned into pure awe, and excitement.

"Oh my- Maya your genes are something else I'll tell you that" Maya laughed at this, as Andy just continued to stare at her phone in adoration for the twins.

However, the sirens of the station interrupted their moment causing both women to groan and roll their eyes, before they ran off to the engines.

———————————————————————

Maya wiped the soot from her forehead as she and the rest of her team made their way out of the engine bay.

She had finished her shift for the day so she made her way to the changing rooms so she could have a shower and get dressed before making her way to the nursery to pick both Max and Rustle up.