1: proluge

"fuck."

the first time i opened my eyes, i was just a normal infant. i was born and raised in south korea, in hyosan, with the knowledge of being a prodigy. but even as a prodigy i have yet to shine in my own higschool.

my parents were...okay— my life? it's...okay.

if you count constantly being outcasted since you were a kid? then it's alright.

i didn't know why this happened. my mom always told me that everyone has a role in their life. i think mine was not supposed to be like this.

it wasn't until i was in high school...at the age of eighteen that i still had no role in life.

watching everyone laugh and sing, the outside with people talking and running. i put my hand in the window still and looked down, a feeling churning in my stomach.

"alright, everyone! it's time for class so sit your ass down— gyeongmin, shut up." the math teacher banged his stick on the table to get everyone's attention.

"phones!" everyone walked forward to put their phones on the box.

just as [m/n] was about to stand up, his own phone slipped, and when he was about to grab it someone kicked the phone away.

"oops," snickers rang in the room. [m/n] bit his lips and shook his head. he walked over to where the phone went and grabbed it then threw it in the box.

math started and— trust [m/n] but he really tried to endure the lessons. his head kept bobbing down the more the teacher spoke but he really tried.

"mr. song!"

everyone's eyes snapped towards the door and the english teacher, ms. park, was there with a stern look on her face. "please come with me...we have an urgent meeting," then she went away as fast as she came.

[m/n] blinked, and for the twelfth time this week, his heart suddenly grew heavy and his stomach churned on the insides.

"right. all of you turn to page 570 and study on the formula...tomorrow we'll have a 50 numbers test— don't groan like zombies you rascals!"

"but mr. song!" a girl caked with make-up whined and plopped on her desk. "can't we just have it next week?"

"...unless something big like zombie apocalypses happens...not a chance jiyeon,"

jiyeon rolled her eyes and continued plopping on her desk. [m/n] looked at mr. song who exited the room. the others did their own thing while m/n, the diligent one, opened his own math book.

it wasn't until the bell rang that m/n finally noticed; no teachers came inside at all. and while everyone went to the cafeteria, m/n and five others were left in the room.

"strange..." he mumbled. he was about to stand up and head towards the cafeteria, but just as he was about to go— a throbbing pain invaded his head.

he collapsed, his body was down as the desk slightly scraped through the floor.

"yah...[m/n], are you okay?"

one of them tried to feel his forehead, he groaned in pain and curled up.

"shit— he's burning up..."
"let's bring him to the infirmary..."

[m/n] felt pair of arms wrapped around his back and felt his body stagger forward. his head continued to throb.

"what the hell..." he moaned in pain. in his head were countless flashing images.

there was one where he was in a dark room and on his tv was a familiar uniform on a stranger.