5: make it right

with a scowl on his face, [m/n] was quickly made way by the other students who'd see him. the aura he emitted was dull and scream "back the fuck away from me less you get dent!" making anyone who sees him instinctively avoid him.

how many times has he been regressing? he could not count...seventy? a hundred?

it was no matter. the many times he had died he had also learned. because of the rule that he could not be allowed to go anywhere near the main characters, he had been lurking around trying to not get noticed.

over the times he grew mentally tough, every time there were zombies he would not try to survive by escaping yet he'd always chase them head-on.

the problem...zombies tend to avoid him.

at first, he was dubious of this fact. but soon, as he rewinds time forever, he had noticed that they would not attack him so long as he does not bleed. he had a theory that it was because of the heightened senses that made them like this.

though, he did not care anymore. 

this was a great way for him to survive all the way until the end of this series. all he needed to do was maintain no contact with any of the people here and go along his merry way towards the quarantine are.

at least, that was what he thought.

---

it was finally here, he had finally survived after a hundred times of regressing. he was at the start of the apocalypse. 

before it all happened he made sure to pack a lot of food and carefully laid them on his school bag. fuck the books, they can't help him bash some zombie skulls, the most the books could do was a slap. therefore [m/n] made sure to pack necessities rather than useless papers.

it was only the start of the class still, so all [m/n] did was sit back to enjoy some leisure time. this time, no namra, no cheongsan, no students had came to him for some small talk.

his vigilance was still high, and everytime he kept darting towards the door incase there was a variable coming to him.

he watched everything pass by his eyes with indifference. once it was almost time for school did he leave the last in the room.

he glanced around, slowly making his way towards the science class. his footstep were light but his eyes carried a heavy pressure of pity.

he peeked through the room, watching as he was too late and seeing hyeonju enter the lab where she would start everything inside.

he pursed his lip, wanting to take a closer look. he hesitated, body hovering on the door for minutes. it wasn't until there was a voice behind him did he snap.

"what are you doing?"

[m/n] looked behind to see mr. lee giving him a stare filled with caution. he smiled, "ah, hello mr. lee." he bowed.

"do you need something?" mr. lee ignored his greeting and went for the question. "if you don't then you better move along...school is over."

"yes, mr. lee." [m/n] nodded.

this time, he had grasp the concept of cheating. he knew that as long as he had no delusions into changing anything whemever he was around familiar characters— he would not regress again.

so he did nothing and pretend to be the normal [m/n] everyone knew. he did not hold any thoughts about what he'd do next and quietly went into character. he went back to his room to get his bag.

his eyes slowly went back to the science room to see a figure getting pulled back.

he smiled without any emotion plastered into it; as if he knew it would be hopeless to do anything else.

he went outside the school building. quietly gazing into the field. he sighed and took one more look at the school behind him.

because this would be the last time he'd see such a school standing strong.

---

he watched as students pile into one big group across the road. he was near the gate. waiting for the gate to open. as soon as it did he went in without any word, only grasping his bag in anticipation.

he had already prepared everything he needed to prepare. once the chaos starts then he'd break free from the loop and finally act on his own.

of course, this time he'd give no help.

he's been stuck in a time loop for a long time that his will to be a good samaritan had burnt out. now all he wanted was for this series to finish and for him to go back...to his real world.

he hummed a tune and walked back into his class. he made sure to walk pass the science room to look at the lab one last time.

he suddenly had a thought...

instead of trying to deviate the will of this world...

why not help it instead?

.

.

.

around the third class you called out an excuse to go the bathroom. once you were given approval, you slipped towards the lab.

opening the door, you were just in time to see a messy bloody figure walk out. with a smile, you walked towards hyeonju.

"hyeonju-yah..." you softly said. "welcome back to the living...temporarily," you snickered and supported her shoulders— you guided her to their class.

hearing her groan and grumble made you annoyed yet you could not do anything to this game changer character and so you bore with it.

you noticed that you were nearing the room, so you took a slow step and focused on morphing you expression to worry and urgency.

then you went to their room.

"ms. park!" you said in worry.

the class paused and everyone looked at the door to see [m/n] with hyeonju on his grasp. hyeonju looked weak, adding to her bloody figure— the class errupted into shock.

"ms. park-- i don't know what happened but i found her like this when i went back from the restroom," you said, then ms. park took hyeonju into her arms to inspect her but the girl collapsed.

"help me bring her to the infermary...now! someone come with!" suhyeok, and isak was called and you ignored them and went beside ms. park.

onjo decided to help too and now all four of you students crowded the infirmary as hyeonju was being held down by suhyeok and the others to get checked. she was struggling to much, making out jumbled words mixed with groans making everyone concern for what she had gone through.

"she's too low..." the nurse mumbled in worry as hyeonju's temperature appeared too low from a living person.

you quietly slipped into the back and went outside, failing to notice how suhyeok was eyeing you intensely. you went back to your room and was glad no one knew where you were off too for being too late.

now all you needed to do was wait... wait for the right moment to act. in your first tries as a newbie with no experience, you had poor tastes and poor tactics that resulted to your unending death loop.

now, you give up and insist on trying to help the plot progress. this time, you'd make it right.

---

[unedited from phone. late update because grades is near the block and to have to get it up high or else no more phone for me]