Someone New

"what?"

"take my number in case you need a ride home"

"oh, alright"

well, that's very nice of him

"uhm thank you but now i really have to go, im late"

"have fun"

as i open the door he smiles a little behind me. I close the door and taking a little jog i go to Ashley's car and enter it.

"h- hey omg it's so nice to meet you, im Arianna"

"i'm Ashley, nice to meet you too"

we shake our hands

"oh my god you are so beautiful"

she has long wavy blonde hair that reminded me of Rapunzel and she wears a bright red sheath dress and two long silver leaf earrings dangle from her ears. Her shoes are so bright they blind me, theyre red too. Her make-up consisted of an eyeliner which made her eye longer. Lucky her.. she has longer lashes than any other human in the world.. i, instead, wear fake ones accompanied by a long and thick eyeliner, but not too much. In short, i am superficial and she is just perfect.

"You too, really.. wait you're not American, aren't you?

"no, in fact, i'm italian, more precisely i come from northern Italy"

"oh i love Italy, one day you will take me there"

"yea why not"

Live she is exactly like insta, there are tons of insecure girls who use filters, apps and programs to change their appearance beyond recognition, for example they retouch themselves as if to look like Kim Kardashian and instead she is exactly who she says she is. I love her already. Obviously, like everyone else, she has imperfections, some pimples, a little cellulite, a little belly. it is perfectly normal and for this reason i feel at ease with her.

"where are the other fellas?"

"oh they are waiting for us there, they had some errands to run before they came.."

she clears her throat

"...first time you go to the disco?" she asks me as she starts the car and drives off

"nah, I've been there a couple of times before"

"and how did it seem to you?"

"I had a lot of fun, it was great"

"Well.. just know that you will have twice as much fun with me and with my friend alcohol"

she winks at me and we both burst into laughter

"yeah uhm- but i want you to know that i can't handle alcohol much"

"don't worry it's not a problem, almost none of us can handle it, maybe the only one is Max, a friend of ours who will be there tonight, i'll introduce him to you later"

honestly i had never been able to make friends so quickly, but this is because i can't create a true and continuous conversation.. if someone keeps on proposing topics to talk about, i talk to him. I am happy to have found someone like that. As Ashley drives to the club i look out the window at the city and the fiery lights that illuminate it.

'god what a beautiful city'
I think to myself, in my head.

but this is not the only thought that torments me.. i remember the words of Robert before i left.. why is he so attentive to me if we have known each other for less than 24h, maybe because i am the sister of his beautiful and perfect girl? I don't know but right now i can't think of anything other than him, the fact is that i don't even know why this is happening to me. I cannot understand what i feel inside me, what i am feeling in this period of total change. It really takes me to unplug this evening, that's why i agreed to go out when Ashley and her friends asked me to.