CHAPTER 01 : CURSED

NOTES
This is my first time creating an orv fanfic. I hope you enjoy my story as it was done on impulse as I suddenly got an inspiration haha.

Also, English is not my mother tongue ^^

---

I also published my work at AO3. If possible, you can visit the link and leave a kudos there ha-ha-ha
< I'm so shameful (*'∇`*) >
https://archiveofourown.org/works/36787315/chapters/91773511

CHAPTER 01 : CURSED

Once upon a time, a man with an indifferent and grave expression entered a library. Bookshelves were arranged in a circular manner, while the top was so tall that it feels like there's no end of it, and might get your neck snapped once you look up.

Just like any normal library, the place was so peaceful and quiet. However, contrary to the atmosphere, the man in question, Yoo Jonghyuk's thoughts were akin to a raging storm ready to wreak havoc anytime.

Unlike his usual composure, Yoo Jonghyuk's temper was off today. It's unknown what was the cause and why he came to the library that was so out of character, even so, it's clear that Yoo Jonghyuk was in a bad mood.

Without saying and caring about his surroundings, he strode at one section of the shelves, undeniably looking for something that might calm the rage still continuously rising up within him...

...or maybe not?

As he read every book he found connected to what he deem might answer his flooding question, the more creases appeared on his forehead. That's because...

"...This one is useless too."

He thought coming here was the right choice because the library was known for its authentic and credible information. It was also praised by many aristocrats, including those well-versed in magic. But...

"In the end, there's nothing to look at." Yoo Jonghyuk unconsciously said out loud as his expression turned grimmer.

'What a waste of time.'

He clucked his tongue and put the books at their rightful place. Suddenly, a woman's voice drifted off from his side, taking his attention.

"Are you insulting my books?"

A black short-haired woman was standing beside him crossed arms, her eyes were sharp as she glared at him, truly irritated. On the other hand, Yoo Jonghyuk's piercing eyes turn vigilant. He stayed in silence while studying the woman in front of him.

'I failed to notice her presence.'

Obviously not saying anything, Han Sooyoung's expression crumpled. 'Is this guy a deaf or what?'

Snorted. "Wowser, are you mute or your mouth is just a display for others to see?-"

"Who are you?-" He cut her words but was also interrupted by her.

"No. How dare you." Han Sooyoung rebuked.

She can't tolerate it if someone's criticizing her works, and most of all!- appraised it as useless. And now, a certain human has the guts to denounce her works, who can't even appreciate the available resources she works so hard to write and was kind enough to share with others. However, what he uttered next got more on her nerves.

"Ah, so you're the one who wrote this." Yoo Jonghyuk said as he glanced at the shelves. "It's not my intention to dismay you, still, what I'm looking for is not here."