13. Fight against Fate

Hola beautiful people, ain't this early update a surprise for you all? Of course for me too. So please shower your love to this chapter through Votes and Comments.... Pretty please.

Happiest every damn day Debu... love you lots n lot. May you and I trouble the whole world.

                     💖💖💖💖💖

"Manu, eat your breakfast"

"Papa, don't take away the file na" Manvi shrieked as her father was about to pull the file away from her hand.

"What is it Manu? I have been observing since early hours, you are flipping through the same file. What is the matter?"

"Papa, it's the case file of Aayukta Kulkarni"

"Ooh that kid on whom Viaan is going to conduct trials?"

"Don't yell Papa, shh..." Manvi silenced him.

"Arey, you are bellowing as if I am in your hospital. Moreover, do you people think you can hide it from others conducting experiments? The other doctors are specialists too, not kindergarten kids to buy your lies" he put the facts.

"We know Papa, but this is the only option available. If the news of conducting experiments barred by MCI being conducted on a patient comes out, not just Viu's license would be cancelled. Global Hospitals will lose its reputation and the Parekh family would be behind bars" Manvi explained.

"Yet Viaan is hell bent on treating that girl. What has gotten onto him that he is risking not just his, but his esteemed family's reputation, pride, and goodwill just for a patient whose condition is already fatal," he questioned.

"He just wants to try his best to cure her" Manvi answered.

"Viaan is young, he might not have the capacity to think what is right and what is wrong but how can Gaurav agree to that? I will talk to him right now" he picked up his mobile.

"Papa... Papa, calm down. It's Viu, don't you know him enough? Did you see him changing his decision for anyone in this world? Even when all of us urged him to just be a surgeon which he is an expert at, he kept trying out experiments and got stamped as a failure. Did he ever listen to us that you think he will be listening now?" Manvi raised a brow.

"And even now you will be supporting him just like always, right?" her father quizzed.

"Absolutely" Manvi smiled flipping through the file.

"You will never understand the pain I am going through Manu, neither do you directly let me talk to Gaurav about your interest nor do you talk to Viaan about it. How long will you keep waiting for him to recognize your feelings? How long are you going to hang in there? You are already 30 Manu, I am worried"

"Papa, please don't be. Sooner or later Viaan will understand me, now that his special case Aayukta is going to be here, maybe she will be the factor binding us together," Manvi added hopefully.

                 ~*~*~*~*~*~

"Sir, his seizures are uncontrollable," the intern muttered injecting needles into his hands.

"Where are his scans reports?" Gaurav asked.

Flipping through the reports of the patient, Gaurav tried to find what he must be suffering with.

"His liver is rotten, excessive alcohol consumption. Doesn't look like the early stage, he might be in the second stage of Hepatocellular Carcinoma. However, his seizures is playing games with nerve cells, call Viaan. We need a second opinion on it," Gaurav commanded.