02

The next time George saw the girl, he was prepared. He had just come out from practice and was heading towards the library to read up on some potions for him and his brother's next prank when he saw her sitting in a corner reading an old book. Gathering all his courage, he approached her. He started doing strange hand movements until he caught her attention, and then he started all over again.

The girl, this time wearing a Ravenclaw uniform, looked nothing but confused. Then, as if something lit up in her brain, she put her hair behind her ear, tapping it lightly while doing so.

"Uhm, I'm sorry!" She said "I'm only just learning sign-language, and I'm not very good at it just yet. Can I help you?"

George started at her, baffled. She spoke? She could hear him?

"I... um... yeah, sorry! It's just that I've tried talking to you a couple of times before, and you never heard me. I just thought you were deaf."

"Oh."

"Yeah... I'm George Weasley, by the way!" he introduced himself, wiping off his sweaty hands in his uniform "I'm from Gryffindor"

She grinned. "That much I could tell, all your robes display it pretty well."

He blushed slightly looking down at his crimson and gold sports wear.

"I'm Amara." she said, extending her hand "It's nice to meet you."

He smiled, noticeably relaxing a lot more.

"Can I sit?"

"Sure!"

He sat down next to her and observed her.

"Looks like you finally found your uniform."

It was Amara's turn to blush now, realizing that the boy had noticed that she pretty much never wore it.

"Yeah..." she responded "Professor Flitwick made me wear them, said it was either that or taking away house points."

The boy laughed quietly, and then a thought popped in his head "Hey! since you're a Ravenclaw, maybe you've heard about your team's new chaser?"

She smiled slyly.

"Oh, yeah, I've heard some stuff. They say she's mighty good."

"Are you sure?" he asked getting a bit nervous.

"Oh, yes. I've even heard that she's going to single-handedly destroy Gryffindor on that match that's coming up."

The two of them chatted until George decided with a heavy heart that it was time for him to hit the showers and go do his homework. They said their goodbyes and parted ways, the girl too distracted now to continue reading her book.

The next day, as they ran into each other in the halls, she smiled at him and greeted him, putting her hair behind her ear again. The two walked together to the Great Hall, George being silently thankful that Fred hadn't waited for him before breakfast.

As they entered, he locked eyes with his twin and made his way towards him while Amara walked towards her best friend, Cho Chang.

"Who was that?" she asked with a grin

"Oh, just a boy I talked to yesterday at the library. He seems nice."

"He's one of the Weasley twins, isn't he?"

"Yes, George."

They changed the subject to Quidditch as Amara tried to convince Cho to join the team. She was certain that her best friend would make an amazing seeker.

"Come on, Cho!" she insisted one last time "If you really don't want to, then I'll drop the subject, but I can tell that you do want to join the team!"

"I do" finally admitted Cho "but I'm just nervous, what if I don't get in?"

"Are you kidding me? There's no way you wouldn't make the team! I made the team and you're a better player than I am!"

"Don't lie, Ara, you know I'm not."

"You do play amazing, Cho. Besides, my brother let it slip that Gryffindor's new seeker is a first year! You have totally got this."

"Really? A first year?"

"Yes, that Harry Potter kid. But don't go changing the subject!"

"Fine." said Cho as they both finished their breakfast "I'll think about it."

"Don't think about it too much!" called Amara while walking towards her Potions class "Tryouts are today!"

Amara had already made the team before the tryouts, but it was only because she had cluelessly tried out on her first year. While Flitwick hadn't allowed her to play just yet, he had been impressed enough to offer her a spot on the team the coming year. That was why she was slightly pissed at Potter's spot on the Gryffindor team. He seemed like a nice enough kid, of course, but he was The Boy Who Lived, and she was sure that this wouldn't be the last special treatment that he would get while at Hogwarts. Heck, she thought, that kid could even blow up the school and they'd probably just give him house points for it.