04

Amara seemed to always be at the library. It was the only place where no one would talk to her. Except George. She sighed and tapped her earring as she spotted him entering the room, what seemed to be a daily occurrence now that he had found out she went there almost everyday from 2pm to 3pm -- right after lunch.

"Hi!" he said happily "What are you doing?"

"I'm working on this assignment. It's a genealogical tree of the Black family."

"Black? Like the mass murderer?"

"No, like Rebecca Black the singer."

He seemed confused at that, so she just sighed and patted the sit next to her so he could occupy it. She would never admit it, but she looked forward to the library encounters everyday.

"You never did tell me," he stated "why you kept ignoring me the first times I tried talking to you."

She blushed. "I really didn't hear you," she said "I can be very distracted sometimes."

The two kept talking until the clock hit 3pm, and they both stood up.

"So..." said George "The first game is tomorrow!"

Amara smiled.

"Yes! I've been meaning to wish you good luck, seeing as it's in the morning and I probably won't see you until the game's over."

"Thanks! I would wish you guys luck too," he responded "but it's no use: Gryffindor will win."

"You keep telling yourself that, champ, and maybe you'll eventually believe it."

They laughed and talked for a bit before parting ways.

"Be careful tomorrow." she said

"I'll be fine!" assured George "If anything, I'll just knock on Wood!" he joked

Amara laughed and put out her hand for him to knock on, but seeing as the boy was clueless as a sloth and still hadn't figured out that she was Oliver's sister and Ravenclaw's chaser, he misunderstood. He stood there awkwardly for a second wondering what he should do, and just as Amara was about to put her hand down, he reached out and squeezed it lightly. He smiled at her one last time and went to Quidditch practice, failing to notice the bold blush that had crept its way into the girl's otherwise pale face.

"Hi." a girl approached George as he made his way to the field "Are you George or Fred?"

"I'm Fred."

"Good, you're George. Have you seen Amara? I can't find her anywhere."

"She was just leaving the library." he responded

"Ugh," she complained. She had Ravenclaw clothes and asian features "I told her to meet me at the Common Room at this time, but I'm guessing she didn't hear me."

George laughed "Yeah, she can be pretty distracted."

"Distracted? She told you that?"

"She isn't distracted?" he asked her, confused

"Not really, but her muggle friend gave her an iPod for her birthday this summer, and she hasn't taken the damn thing off since. I think she enchanted her earrings or something to play music, since electronics aren't allowed in school grounds. " she said laughing

"So she wasn't ignoring me?" he said referring to the first times he approached her

"No," replied Cho, not really understanding his question but certain that her best friend wouldn't ignore him out of the blue "she's probably just listening to Taylor Swift."

"To whom?"

She sighed and ignored his question, making a mental note to tell Amara to introduce George to some muggle music, because it would make a great idea for a date.

"Nothing, never mind." she smiled "Anyway, I have to go find Amara. See you around!"

He didn't have time to reply as the girl quickly walked off towards the library. He finally reached the field and smiled at his brother, who was waiting for him at the entrance.

"Oi! George!" called Wood as he saw him arriving to practice

George thought he was about to get scolded for being late again, but instead the captain smacked his head.

"I told you to hit on my sister, Weasley, not to hit on her!"

Confused by the statement, George decided to just ignore the interaction and got to practice.