05

Like before every game, Oliver was tense. This game, however, he seemed even more anxious than usual. While he shrugged it off saying that it was because it was the first game of the year, he knew that the truth was because there would be scouts in the crowd, and it certainly wouldn't look good for his Quidditch career if his baby sister wiped the floor with him on her first game.
Him and Amara had grown up playing Quidditch. She had been there when he first got on a broom, and he had taught her how to ride one once she became of proper age. They knew how the other played, and he had even planned some of the plays for Gryffindor in front of her, certain that that would be the house she'd be sorted into. But alas, it wasn't, and now he had to play against this little monster that he had created, whom he loved with all his heart but also would not hesitate to destroy on the field.
And, as much as she pretended to be confident, Amara Wood was profoundly nervous for her first match. Needing the reassurance, she walked towards her brother while no one was looking.

"Oh, hey, Ara!" he smiled at her "What's up? You should be getting ready for the game!"

"I'm nervous." she admitted "I know everyone expects a lot, and I'm just really scared to screw up."

Oliver felt a pinch of guilt. He had contributed to the exceeding expectations, as he had almost been yelling around the school how great Ravenclaw's new chaser was. He couldn't help it, he was too proud of his little sister.

"Ara, you won't screw up." he reassured her "And even if you do, you'll simply do better on your next game! Everyone has bad games."

"I know there will be scouts looking at you." she said

"Ara..."

"I really want them to see you do good." continued Amara "This is what you've always wanted."

"Look, Ara, I know, and I'm very thankful for that. But don't you dare screw your first game up just because of those scouts. They've been looking at me for a while now, and they will for a while more, so just do your best out there today and don't worry about it."

"Ok."

"Promise me that you won't go easy on us." finalized Oliver. He adored Quidditch, it was his priority, but in no way was he willing to let his little sister screw up a game because of him.

"I promise."

As Amara jogged up to Cho Chang, the new seeker, and they both went to the locker rooms to put on their uniforms, he headed to give his team a ted talk.

"Weasleys!" he called "Don't hit my sister, forget what I said, alright? But don't go too easy on her either, just treat her like you would any other player."

They both nodded and watched as Oliver gave Harry Potter his own mini pep-talk. The kid needed it. It was his first game, and he was a first year, after all.

After all of the ted-talks and pats on the back had been given and received from both teams, they all got on their brooms and went out on the field. Gryffindor came out first, and they were introduced by Lee Jordan as per usual.
It wasn't until after a couple of minutes that the game had started, when Ravenclaw scored their first goal, that George noticed who was their newest chaser (and scorer). His eyes open wide as he saw Amara receiving quick congratulations from her team before they all started chasing after the quaffle once again.