How is this possible?

Loki was the first to step away from the window. Dahlia scrambled out if Wanda's grip and grabbed Loki's hand, following him downstairs and into the kitchen. Fenrir saw his sister leave, he too got up and followed them downstairs. Now it was just Wanda and Jenna left looking out at the mess of the weather.

"Have you figured it out yet?" Wanda leant her head on Jenna's shoulder,
"Not yet. It makes me so angry that we don't know. We're Gods,we've fought creatures that only exist in myths, we only exist in myths, yet we can't even figure out what's causing a couple of storms." Jenna clenched her fists as she threw herself back on the bed.
"Surely it's got to be something in space that's irritating it all, is it anywhere else in the world?"
"No. It's just New Asgard. Once you get past the sign the rain isn't there."
"Then there must be something here that's upsetting it all." Wanda raised her brows, had she just figured it all out?

Loki was making hot chocolate for everyone in the kitchen, under the close watch of Dahlia and Fenrir. He topped them all with whipped cream and all but one with marshmallows. Dahlia had the one without marshmallows, apparently they reminded her of sheep which were her favourite animals. She would drag either Wanda, Jenna or Loki to the fields with her to go and see them.

Wanda and Jenna had now joined them in the kitchen. Wanda smelt her mug of hot chocolate before putting it to her mouth, she had two sips of it before the door flew open. Thor had burst through causing Wanda to drop her mug on the floor, spilling the contents of it everywhere.
"Calm down Maximoff, it's only me." Thor held his hands up and laughed,
"There is a door handle Thor, maybe if you just turned it then I wouldn't have panicked and dropped my mug over the white rug!" Wanda sarcastically smiled whereas Jenna glared at Thor due to her ruined rug. Jenna held her hands out as they turned green and reversed time on the rug, restoring it to its original fluffy state.

"Uncle Tor!" The twins shouted in unison.
"Hello you two!" He beamed as he scooped them both up in his arms.

Loki seemed to realise that there was something off about Thor.
"You two, why don't you go play in the living room, we'll all join you in a minute." Loki knelt down so he was level with his children.
"Okay papa." They held hands as they ran into the next room.

"Have you all looked outside?" Thor's face was now pale, as if he had seen a ghost.
"We were just upstairs looking out at the rain." Loki crossed his arms,
"Well it wasn't just rain or thunder or lightning when I was out there." He looked deep into Jenna's eyes, Thor's concern worried her.

Jenna instantly made a run for the stairs, grabbing her cape and horns on the way. Loki and Wanda were next to follow. The twins could hear everyone running so obviously they wanted to follow but Thor grabbed them before they could reach the first step.
"Show me what you have been colouring in your books." He carried them back to the living room.

Whatever was outside, it wasn't for them to see.

Jenna, Loki and Wanda were now looking out the bedroom window. Out into the distance. They instantly noticed a large physique with four smaller either side, totalling nine.
"That surely can't be what I think it is love, can it?" Jenna gasped, her heart racing in her chest.
"I think it might be love."
"What is it Jen?" Wanda pulled on her arm, a constant look of fear in her eyes. Jenna looked into them for a moment, then breaking the silence.

"Frost giants."

"Just after I was born a war broke out between Asgard and Jotunheim, the home of the frost giants. They had invaded Earth so Asgards mightiest warriors, along with Odin, were sent to fight them. The war resulted in Odin taking the one thing that gave the giants power. The casket wasn't the only thing taken from the fight. The king of the giants, Laufey, had a son who too was taken by Odin. Not too long ago, we went to war with the Jotuns again. Winning second time round, I am certain that we killed them all, especially Laufey but now I'm not so sure." Loki took a deep breath as he averted his eyes back out to the view.

"Who was Laufey's son?" Wanda asked, she hadn't put the pieces together.
"I was never an Odinson. I am a Laufeyson." Loki nodded to Wanda.
"You had been with Odin for over a thousand years, why now have the decided they want you back?"
"I don't think it's Loki they want." Jenna's face was blank.
"What do you think they want then?"
"I really don't know Wand but I'm going to find out."
"We're both going." Loki held onto Jenna's hand.
"You two go out the window, I'll go down to Thor." Wanda reassured them as she headed downstairs.

Thor was sat on the floor, flicking through the colouring book.
"I really like how the sky is orange in this one, and the blue grass." His words caused the twins to giggle. Wanda had sat down beside them, looking over to Thor she let out a faint smile.
"Have they gone?" He whispered to which she just nodded.

The air was heavy and cold. Loki gripped his daggers tightly whilst Jenna's hands were aglow. All it took was one wrong move from the giants for them to unleash hell.