Chapter Five

Alastor walked to the lobby and saw Husker and Angel at the bar.

"We knew you'd come crawling back." Angel smirked.

"Husker, you know my usual." He spoke.

"What's got ya up late this time?" Husker asked while fixing his drink.

"Yeah, what's buggin' ya Strawberry Pimp?" Angel asked sitting next to him.

"We were encountered by Sir Pentious at the park." He answered.

"And?" Angel questioned.

"He wants her."

"Everleigh?" Husker asked as he handed Alastor his drink.

"Yes." Alastor replied taking a sip, "he'll do anything to get his slithering hands on her to get to me and have intentions to harm her. But I can only vanish him as much as my fingers can snap."

"The only advice I can give ya is you can talk to Ol' Lucy. Maybe you can get him to permanently vanish him on the next yearly cleanse or something." Husker explained.

"Fantastic idea Husker! I'll give Lucifer a visit. If Everleigh wakes up wondering where I am, tell her I am taking care of some unfinished business."

"Roger that." Angel replied.

Alastor left the hotel and got in his car. He made his way to the Ruler of Hell's castle. He knocked on the door. Moments later, Lucifer opened the door.

"Al! My good friend, what brings you here?" He smiled.

"I have a problem that I'd like to bring to your attention." Alastor answered.

"Of course, come in." He replied.

They walked to his office and Lucifer sat behind his desk, "now, what seems to be the problem?"

"Sir Pentious is after my dear darling fiancé." He answered, "he'll do anything to harm her and use her as bait to get to me. I want him vanished on the next cleanse day in Hell."

"What a problem this is I must say." Lucifer spoke with his hand on his chin, "what's your lady's name?"

"Everleigh." He answered, "Everleigh Evangeline."

Lucifer searched through his book, "Everleigh. . .Everleigh Evangeline. . .ah yes. Innocent soul, loved everyone, never sinned until October 25th."

"That was our wedding day."

"Let's see. . . .on that day she began drinking and cutting until exactly a year later hung herself in the forest where she took her last breath."

Hearing how her life was after he died made his heart sob.

He sighed, "that's her."

"The next cleanse is in 3 months. I can add Sir Pentious to the list, but what's in it for me?" Lucifer asked, "Perhaps I could have some fun with Everle-"

"ABSOLUTELY NOT!" Alastor yelled, "she belongs to me and me alone."

"Actually, she doesn't belong to anyone as of the moment. It may have been your wedding day when you died but you were never pronounced husband and wife."

"Get to the point." Alastor growled.

"Sign this contract, stating that she belongs to you as long as she wears the diamond ring on her finger." He explained, "Do that, and Sir Pentious will be out of your hair on the next cleanse. If she removes that ring and calls off the engagement, Sir Pentious will remain in Hell as long as I desire. Do we have a deal?"

The contract and a pen appeared on the desk in front of Alastor. He read through it carefully, making sure Lucy was true to his word. Everything he explained was on the contract plain as day. Lucifer smiled wickedly as Alastor signed the contract.

Lucifer stood up and Alastor shook his hand.

"Deal." He spoke.