Chapter Seven

"I have her right here, sire." Sir Pentious spoke as he shoved Everleigh to the ground.

"Perfect." Lucifer wickedly smiled walking out of the dark, "he will be here in a matter of time to save her."

"What should we do with her?" Sir Pentious chuckled.

Lucifer then lunged towards her.

Everleigh shot up from the bed. Goosebumps ran from her head to her toes. She stood up and walked to Alastor's office. It was empty. But in her mind, she pictured Alastor working at the desk and her walking up behind him back when they were alive.

She could still remember the sound of them laughing with joy as she watched the visible memory. She walked to the desk and picked up a picture frame. There was a picture of them kissing in the rain. She softly smiled and set the picture down. She then walked to downstairs to the front door of the mansion.

"I'll be home soon, my dear." Alastor spoke, "but please stay inside and wait for my return."

But he's been gone for a long time, she thought to herself. She stood there in her night gown, looking into the dark mysterious forest. She put on her shoes and walked into the woods to look for him. She followed a path that was visible with the mansion lights, but soon there was no light at all. Now she was lost.

She continued to walk. She tripped over a fallen branch and fell down.

"Ouch." She whispered.

She then heard a stick break, "Alastor?"

She slowly stood up and brushed off her knees, "Alastor?"

She was then tackled by a demon. The demon pinned her down.

"Well don't you look like a lovely meal." The demonic demon spoke as venom dripped from his mouth.

"Let me go!" She yelled.

"A sweet soul like you is too precious to let go." He wickedly smiled, "I wonder what you taste like."

Everleigh struggled to break free as the demon opened his mouth to bite her. Suddenly, radio static echoed throughout the woods.

The demon stopped, "what the fuck is that?"

His head was ripped from his body. The headless body fell down and his head was dropped. Everleigh looked up and saw a very angry and demonic Alastor.

"I thought I told you to stay inside." He snarled as he picked her up.

He carried her as he made his way out of the forest. The crunching leaves filled the silence as he didn't speak to her at all. He wasn't smiling either, it was a stone cold emotionless expression. Everleigh looked down as tears slid down her cheeks. He entered the mansion and walked up to the bedroom.

He placed her on the bed and simply walked away. Everleigh curled into a ball and stared at the doorway, hoping that Alastor would walk back in. After what felt like forever, he finally walked in.

"I'm sorry." Everleigh whispered.

"You should be." Alastor spoke, making her flinch, "I told you to stay here until I came back."

"B-but I wanted to-"

"Everleigh when I tell you to stay inside I mean it!" He yelled.

He never yelled at her like that before. He was angry at her and he was yelling at her. She only stared at him as tears rolled down her cheeks. Alastor sighed, knowing that yelling at her was wrong.

"Everleigh, you don't understand." He spoke, "Hell is an evil place. You are a sweet innocent soul. Any demon would kill to get their filthy hands on you to harm you or worse! You saw what that demon was going to do to you. If I wasn't near you, he would've killed you! I'm telling you these things because I'm trying to protect you."

Everleigh quietly cried as she remained in a ball, "I-I'm sorry. I had a nightmare and I just needed you."

Alastor sighed as he walked to her and hugged her tightly, "I'm sorry for yelling. I just don't know what I'd do in this life if you were killed. Please understand that I want to protect you."

"Okay." She sniffled as she hugged him back.

Alastor gasped, "what happened to you knees, darling?"

She looked down at her knees and saw that they were bleeding.

"I tripped on a branch and fell." She answered.

Alastor picked her up, "come on, let's get you cleaned up and bandaged."

He carried her down to the bathroom sink and pulled out a first-aid kit. He grabbed a was rag and turned on warm water. He drenched the rag in water.

"This may slightly hurt my dear, but bear with me." He said as he placed the rag on her knee.

He gently rubbed her knee to get off the blood. She quietly whimpered. Soon he put Neosporin and band-aids on her knees.

"There, now let's go to bed." He said as he picked her up.

He carried her upstairs and laid her on the bed. He changed into his pajamas and laid next to her.

"Come get snuggles, darling." He spoke.

She slowly scooted closer to him. He held her close and kissed her head.

"I love you with all my heart, my dear."