prologue

Niharika

                       Niharika

I'm trying not to panic, as we drive through the highway. I don't know
what I was thinking when I got into the car, his car instead of running away from him . Now I think I should have.
He stared at me and i got a glimpse of the darkness lingering in his eyes. I tried to swallow the lump that lodged into my throat, as fear crept into my body. He didn't slow down. We were speeding and I had a feeling this could very well be our last ride. I wasn't afraid of dying. Well, alright. Right now, I am . With him looking at me like that makes my stomach churn. There is nothing soft about that look, not that I'm used to of his longing gazes. No, he isn't the type. He stops at his office's parking area. He gets me out holding me by my shoulders and caging me in against the car. He looked as if he was trying to decide whether to shoot me in the head or skin me alive, intimidating me. We were so close that I could feel his warmth seeping through the layers of the fabric and his smell practically fogged my brain. Then he gave me that soul piercing look and there was something in his eyes that I couldn't place. One second its was there and then it was gone.
"Tell me, did you really think I wouldn't find out", he growled.
I shook my head in indignation. He opened the door, let me in and before closing it back again he declared " the only way you are gonna get out of here is when you want to talk about this mess". he then stalked off toward the elevator. Leaving me there. Trapped.

                      Aakash

I walked away from her, before I loose my mind and do something stupid. There is no way she did this but then why am I so vexed. It's not like I care, I shouldn't care. I don't have any fucks to give. It's only fitting she stays there for sometime, she is a pain in the ass anyway. Sam will come and get the car in 15 minutes. With that thought I walked inside my office and emmersed myself into damage control.

                       Niharika

I'll not cower. I'll die here alone, but I will not give him the satisfaction of getting through this. I frowned , determined.

Typing on his computer, turning pages in the background.

                      Aakash

It was almost midnight when I checked my watch and got up. I Stood in front of the window & gazed into pitch dark, cold winter night , alone. It kind of became my everyday ritual to get done with my work and loose myself in the darkness of the night for a couple of minutes before leaving here.
There is something so soothing about darkness and silence that I liked it when everyone was gone I was alone with myself. I sighed, my phone rang in my pocket as I stepped into the elevator, it was Sam, my driver. He told me about everything as he informed about not picking up the car.
"WHAT, you didn't take the car?", I yelled.
God. I rushed into the parking lot, it was so late that the place was already vacant. My heart was pounding, it must be at least 10-12 hrs since I left.
"NO !!! What have i done", I open the door of the passenger seat so fast. She wasn't there, I put the lights on and found her all curled up in the back seat shivering and looking so vulnerable, I felt like shit. She didn't deserve this, the vein in my forehead throbbed as I bend over to check if she fainted. This was so much worse already . What the hell was i thinking. I took her hand and she looked at me, "I tried to call you , I tried to text you" then she passed out.
"FUCK".

Texts
12:45 pm - are you serious?

1:24pm- it's so dark i can't even see my feet in here. Your parking spot sucks.

2:55pm- it's rude to not feed ur prisoner. Won't you come and torture me?

4:04pm- if you think I'll get bored out of my mind and beg you to free me , you are surly mistaken.

7:19pm- I can't breath. It's been i don't even know how long

11:07pm- I'm scared.

                      Aakash

"I'm scared". That was her last msg. I want to kick myself so hard. How could I. I Received the msgs after I drove us to my house. All thanks to bad reception in the underground parking. I shouldn't have left her in there.
Her knuckles were white, her skin was pale as I tugged her into my jacket. She was cold and it was my fault.