Part 1: Prologue

"Dreams are messages from the deep." I learned that at a very young age from a woman, within a dream, whispered in my ear. This woman had taught me many things, but I could never see her face.

My planet, Arrakis, is so beautiful when the sun is low. Rolling over the sands… You can see Spice in the air.

At nightfall, the spice harvesters land. The outsiders race against time to avoid the heat of the day. They ravage our lands in front of our eyes. Their cruelty to my people is all I’ve known.

These outsiders, The Harkonnens, came long before I was born. By controlling the Spice production they became obscenely rich. Richer than the Emperor himself.

Our warriors couldn’t free Arrakis from the Harkonnens, and I was still too weak too slaughter them by myself. But one day, by Imperial Decree, they were gone.

Chani asked me, "Why did the Emperor choose this path? And who will our next oppressors be?"

Some of my people had doubted me when I said that things were to change for the better. I told them that I had a vision of Lisan al-Gaib, and that he was to come soon. I know that our journey ahead will be hard, but past all the struggles we will be met with paradise.

Now all that needs to be done is for Pandora's Box to be opened.

Words: 236