chapter eleven

I was floating in the pool peacefully when I felt the water shift beside me and opened my eyes to see Trevor

"Hey you," He smiled. 

"Hi," I said, turning to look at him as he rested his arms on the raft.

"What's going on in that pretty little head of yours?" He asked, resting his chin on his arms.

"So, so much." I sighed. "But doesn't matter right now."

"Why is that?" He asked.

"Cause you're looking at me like that." I smiled, making him blush.

"Okay." He smiled taking his arms off the raft.

"Okay?" I giggled as he went underwater and I instantly knew what was happening. "Oh my god, Trevor no!"

In one swift motion my raft was flipped and I was submerged in the water.

"You are such a jerk!" I splashed him as I broke the surface.

"Yeah?" He smirked swimming to me and sliding his hand around my waist.

"Yes!" I smacked his chest lightly.

"Tell me more." He said inches from my face, eyes flickering from my eyes to my lips.

I couldn't hide the smile I was fighting any longer as he grinned at his own enticing offer. 

"You gonna kiss me or what?" I said, our noses touching.

"Oh you bet your ass I'm gonna kiss you." He said before laying one on me.

"Oh, gross! Boo!" Johnny yelled from the table.

Trevor didn't stop or even falter he simply held a middle finger up over his head as he kissed me.

"Okay, okay." I stopped him. "We've given them enough of a show."

"Oh man I was having fun." He said cheekily to which I responded with pushing his face.

"Shut up." I giggled. "Quit looking at me like that."

"Like what?" He laughed.

"Like that!" I pointed at his face.

"What like you're the only one in the yard?" He said and my heart had practically stopped mid-beat. "Cause you are."

"Why are you so good at that?" I asked.

"At what?" 

"Making my heart literally skip beats. I mean three weeks ago I had only seen you score goals through my computer screen and basically had no idea who you were and now..."

"Now?" He asked, sitting on the steps of the in-ground pool.

"Now it's like.." I paused not knowing if I should continue my sentence. "Now it's like I can't imagine my life without you."