chapter four

The next morning, Jack and Riley had work at 7 but I didn't have to go in until 12

The next morning, Jack and Riley had work at 7 but I didn't have to go in until 12. I woke up around 10 and quickly brushed my teeth and washed my face before finding my lifeguard one piece and braiding my hair. Just as I finished I received a text from Cole that he had arrived outside and grabbed my phone and whistle before jogging out to the car.

"Good morning." I smiled.

"Coffee?" He asked, backing out of the driveway.

"Yes please." I grinned.

"So, from yesterday's game it looks like you still got it." Cole laughed.

"It's in the blood." I laughed.

"Is your ability to pull ass everywhere you go, is that in the blood too?" Cole asked.

"What?" I chuckled.

"You set foot in the Hughes residence and had Z's heart on a string before you opened your mouth." He explained.

"Shut up, Cole." I punched him as he pulled into the Starbucks parking lot.

"I mean it, the boys whipped. I mean go off but it didn't take much, it's just like in third grade when Ben Wheeler was in love with you so he tried to beat me up cause I used to walk you home." Cole laughed.

"Trevor's not gonna beat you up." I teased.

"Fuck off." He laughed as we got to the counter.

"Hi, two Venti caramel iced coffee's with almond milk please." Cole said.

"How'd you know my order?" I asked.

"Cause if you don't like caramel iced coffee with almond milk you're deranged." He said, inserting his card in the reader.

"I'm venmoing you for that." I said.

"Hughes I will shit on your chest." Cole smiled.

"Kinky." I said, making us both laugh.

When the barista handed us our coffees we got back in Cole's black Jeep and went off to work. Upon our arrival, Alex and Trevor had just pulled up as well.

"Oh lover boy," Cole mocked in a high pitch voice, earning a smack from me before jumping out of the Jeep.

"Morning boys." I grinned.

"Thank you." Trevor said, stealing my coffee to sip it.

"Ugh." I sighed, stealing Cole's straw and swapping it with mine as he walked.

"Dude!" Cole laughed.

"I'd rather swap spit with you than get herpes from Trevor." I said, making Alex bust out laughing.

"Herpes?! Who told you I have herpes, cause I don't!" Trevor said.

"Just kinda give me that vibe." I smiled, sipping my coffee.