chapter twelve

Trevor and I had been happily singing along to Lee Brice as he drove before he pulled off onto a dirt road

"Oh my god, you're totally gonna kill me." I said.

"Oh shut up and get out of the truck." Trevor laughed.

"Uh, no thank you!" I grinned.

"Erin! Get out of the truck!" He laughed.

"Why so you can kill me and have no blood traces? No thanks! You know the last time Cole saw me alive was with you, and I don't care how close you think you are with Cole but my third grade boyfriend would never lie about my disappearance!" I rambled as Trevor crossed the bed of the truck and opened my door.

"Get out of the truck." He smiled.

"I will not."

"Okay, that's fine." He said, leaning over me to turn the volume all the way up on his truck. "I'll just have to forcibly remove you." He said before scooping me up bridal style.

"Trevor no!" I screamed.

"No one can hear you out here."

"That was actually so creepy!" I squirmed.

"That's the point you dork." He set me down. "Now shut up and dance with me."

"Wrong song." I said.

"Oh!" He exclaimed growing tired of my shit.

"Okay, I'm done I'm sorry." I said as I grabbed onto him as we began dancing to 'I Don't Dance' in the headlights.

"So how am I doing?" Trevor asked.

"At?"

"Stealing your heart." He teased.

"Oh gross." I laughed.

"At getting your mind off everything."

"Pretty good." I smiled as he tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. "Thank you but it's not your problem, you don't have to worry about me."

"But I always will." Trevor smiled, lightly kissing my head.

"Okay cheese ball, we gotta get going. It's kinda late."

"Ugh, you being responsible really sucks when I'm trying to make you fall in love with me." Trevor whined as he hurried to open the door of his truck for me again.

We drove with windows down and his hand in mine back to the Hughes' house. Trevor placed a few light kisses on my hand as we drove and with each one my heart fluttered. Oh man am I in danger, and all I wanna do is tell Riley.

"Erin, you're crying." Trevor said.

"What?" And he was right, I didn't even realize.

"Okay." He pulled over. "Talk to me."