14 - our little experiment

Kaito slides off my lap and walks around the room, seemingly looking for something.

Bakugou notices too and asks, "What are you looking for, bud?"

"My suitcase," Kaito replies.

At this, Bakugou and I exchange worried glances. We both sweat drop knowing full well that Kaito's suitcase is now probably lying in the middle of the street part of a huge crime scene.

Hoping to soften the blow that all his belongings might be gone, I lower my voice and gently tell him, "Um, sweetie, I actually think your suitcase might still be in the van that flipped over, remember?"

His eyes widen as he remembers and his face immediately drops. "Oh ya, I forgot about that."

Hating the sad face he makes, I try to cheer him up with the first thing that comes to my mind. "But it's ok, we can go shopping and we can get you whatever you want! I promise!"

He perks up a bit at that, so I walk over to him and grab his small hand. Kaito and I are about to head to the door, but I stop in mu tracks when I realize I don't hear another set of footsteps behind us.

I turn around to find Bakugou still sitting down at the table, watching us with an unwavering gaze. I raise my eyebrow at him, "You coming?"

He clears his throat and curtly nods, he stands up and leads us out of the stifling conference room. We follow him down the elevator and when we reach the parking lot I ask, "So whose car are we going in?"

(y/n)'s car:

bakugou's car:

bakugou's car:

Bakugou straight up walks over to his car and opens the driver's door, "Obviously mine

Bakugou straight up walks over to his car and opens the driver's door, "Obviously mine."

He gets in without another glance, seemingly done with the conversation, and in return, I scoff, deeply regretting our truce already. But feeling Kaito's little hand in mine takes all the anger out of me.

How could I be angry when I have this adorable child right next to me?

I squeeze Kaito's hand in mine and, start heading to the car, "Come on, let's get in before he strands us out here."