17 - it's official

Endeavor having heard everything, walks out of the room and casually says "Follow me," over his shoulder.

Bakugou puts his hands in his pockets and walks after him.

I, however, stay rooted in place.

My thoughts are racing a mile a minute.

I don't even understand what just happened.

Bakugou and I were literally screaming at each other in the car.

He made it very clear he didn't want any part of this.

And yet he just told Endeavor we'd be adopting Kaito. Together.

The fuck is going on?

Has he officially lost his damn mind?

"(Y/n)?"

I snap out of my stupor at the small voice and glance down to find Kaito staring at me with anxious eyes, "Are you ok?"

I lie, "Ya, I'm good."

He gives me a look that practically says 'I don't believe you' so I try again, "I'm fine."

I force a smile this time and ruffle his hair, "I promise."

It seems to do the trick cause he takes ahold of my hand and pulls me out of the room, "Great! Now come on, we gotta catch up!"

A real smile tugs at my lips and I can't do anything but let myself be pulled away by an 8-year-old.

He takes me into another room down the hall, where Bakugou and Endeavor are talking to a lady I've never seen before.

She's dressed in a fancy pantsuit with heels and has black glasses perched right on the bridge of her nose. Her hair is slicked back into a high ponytail and has painted lips as red as the blood beneath her fair skin. 

Kaito stops pulling me when we enter but doesn't let go of my hand. He moves to my side and eyes the strange woman from afar.

Her attention shifts to us immediately and she lets out a curt, "Hello."

As we get closer, she reaches a hand out to me, "My name is Yoko Uchida, and you are . . . "

I shake her hand, "(Y/n) Sato."

Her gaze lingers on my gloves, "Right."

She turns back to Bakugou, "So now that everyone's here, shall we get started?"

Bakugou and Endeavor nod simultaneously before Endeavor mutters something about unfinished paperwork and leaves the room.

Miss Yoko motions for us to sit down, which Bakugou instantly does, but I lead Kaito to the small couch behind us. I hand him my phone to keep him entertained and he starts tapping away.

I turn back around to sit at the big kid's table and Miss Yoko starts explaining the ins-and-outs of adopting.

About halfway through her spiel, her voice transforms from professional and impersonal to overly-sweet and praiseful, "Not many men would do what you're doing Bakugou-san . . . and with a complete stranger at that. I could never!"

She gives me a look of contempt before chuckling to herself like it's the funniest thing in the world.

Then with hands as slender and smooth as a silk handkerchief, she reaches out and rests them on Bakugou's. All the while provocatively purring out, "Women are going to be throwing themselves at you . . . if they weren't already before."

She gives him a coy look as if to say she is one of those women, and fails to whisper, "Whaddya say, hero? Wanna blow off some steam with me later?"

Ugh, kill me.