Fury (Part 2)

In the weapon-filled basement, Allison hands her phone to Argent to read a text message,"He wants the Bestiary?"

"But it's not from Scott. He wouldn't text me. And he definitely wouldn't mention Derek," Allison replies, her face not showing a hint of emotion.

Argent shows Gerard the message,"The Sheriff's Station?" The old man asks.

"If Derek's really there, I doubt it's willingly," Argent states.

"You think Jackson's there?" Allison asks.

"Maybe," Argent replies,"Maybe him and the one controlling him."

Argent pulls a blueprint of the station from a drawer and unfolds it onto the large table in front of them.

"How many do they keep on in a night shift?" Gerard asks his son.

"Since budget cuts, four at the most. My guess would be they're either dead or paralyzed by now."

"This might be just the confluence of events we've been hoping for," Gerard comments.

"Confluence or conflagration?"

"I'm open to both."

"What do we do now?" Allison asks the two veteran hunters.

"Maybe you should tell us. That authority falls to you now," Gerard says, looking down at the young Huntress.

"Not at her age," Argent protests.

"She's almost eighteen. She knows there's a difference between revenge and retribution. Don't you, Allison? Make the decision from a vantage point of strategy over emotion and we'll follow your lead."

"I want Derek dead," Allison says.

"What about Scott?" Argent asks.

Allison hesitates at the mention of his name,"Scott didn't force my mother to kill herself."

"But he's not exactly an innocent bystander either. You can't pick and choose--" Argent tries to reason.

"But I can prioritize," She interrupts,"And the priority right now is Derek."

"And the others? Derek's pack?"

"If they try to protect him, then we kill them," She says, and with an ice cold glare she echoes Gerard's own words,"All of them."

Change Of View

Stiles, Hope, and Derek lie on the floor of the office, in that order, while Jackson stands watch at the door. He barely moves, glancing back only briefly to make sure his captives are still immobile.

"You know what's happening to Matt?" Stiles asks Derek in a whisper.

"I know the book isn't going to help him. You can't just break the rules. Not like this," Derek responds.

"What do you mean?" Hope asks.

"Nature balances things out," Derek tells them,"It always does."

"Because he's using Jackson to kill people who don't deserve it?" Stiles guesses.

"And killing people himself," Derek adds.

"So if Matt breaks the rules of the Kanima, he becomes a Kanima?" Hope whispers.

"Balance."

"You think he'd believe us if we told him?" Stiles asks.

"Not likely."

"He's going to kill all of us when he gets the book, isn't he?"

"Yeah."

"So, what do we do?" Hope asks,"Just lie here and wait to die?"