010

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

               It was yet another day of Jungwon asking Jihee a bunch of questions.

"Where do you go in the morning?"

"Why are you always away?"

She wanted to laugh. He made it seem as if she was doing anything bad, well while she's in that reality she isn't planning in wreaking havoc.

She isn't going to be spending nine months in a chaotic world. She was enjoying what she currently had now, a simple life. The only downside to it was that it was so boring. For the past 100 years she's lived, she has seen adventures magical or not, and they brought joy to her.

Jihee never planned on staying in that reality for more than two months. But fate had her ways.

"I was looking for an interesting fate." Jihee stretched her arms. "And I found one."

He raised an eyebrow. "So you have a new person to spy on now?"

She scoffed. "You make it seem as if what I've been doing for the past 100 years of my life is bad. Just think of it as if I'm their guardian angel and I'm watching over them."

Jungwon couldn't help but laugh at that comparison.  But he was sure with a face and eyes like hers, anyone would've believed she was their guardian angel. He would've believed so if she had said that in their first meeting.

"At least you're doing something interesting now." He crossed his arms. "You've been complaining about being bored for days after finding about their breakup."

"How about you—" Jihee was cut off when Byeol's familiar voice called Jungwon.

"Byeol." Jungwon grinned and ran up to her.

"...join me sometimes." Jihee pressed her lips together as she stared at Jungwon and Byeol talk to each other.

Sunoo, who was standing next to Byeol earlier, walked to Jihee because the last thing he wanted was to be a third wheel.

"She's been so needy lately." Jihee whispered to Sunoo. Lately, Byeol has been spending way too much time with Jungwon. She was starting to feel bad for Sunghoon who doesn't seem to be in the same place Byeol is.

Sunoo looked at her and nods. "Yeah, she's been joining me to be with Jungwon. Have you seen Sunghoon's state lately?"

"Compared to when they first broke up, somehow a little bit better than before." She answered. "Is she using Jungwon as a rebound?"

His eyes widened. "That seems like an idea."

"Sunoo! Jihee!" They turned their heads simultaneously and they see Sunghoon walking towards them.

Recently Jihee learned Sunoo has a lot of friends. It was a no brainer fact anyway. With his bubbly attitude, she could immediately tell it was easy for him to get along with others.

"Hey." Sunoo waved at his friend while Jihee gave him a slight smile. "What do you want?"

Sunghoon shrugged. "Just wanted to say hi to the both of you." He replied before gazing to Jihee, who would occasionally steal glances at Jungwon and Byeol every now and then. "How did you do in the biology quiz?"

Putting her focus on Sunghoon, a sigh escaped her lips after hearing his question. "Don't even talk about that quiz." She cheated her way on that quiz if she was going to be honest but she didn't want to admit that.

He chuckled. "Do you both want to go eat lunch with me? Jake's busy."

Sunoo scoffs. "What are we? Your second choice?"

"I was only going to ask Jihee but I felt bad for you so I included you too." Sunghoon crossed his arms, a slight smirk plastered on his face as he watched Sunoo's expression. "So?"

"Yeah I'll join." Jihee answered. "Let's go Sunoo, leave your best friend. He won't leave her alone." She says, pertaining to Jungwon.

Sunoo agreed and so he pulled Sunghoon with him before the latter could glance at Jungwon and Byeol. Jihee on the other hand, tailed behind them sparing one final glance to Jungwon whose eyes met her golden ones.

She turned her head to the opposite direction and began to walk away from him.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

               Byeol kept speaking.

Of course Jungwon tried to keep up with her, he really wanted to listen to whatever she had to say but he kept stealing glances at Jihee and Sunoo.

He only stopped glancing when he saw Sunghoon approach them.

Jihee was saying something earlier.

Although he wanted to excuse himself and return to speaking with Jihee, he just couldn't find the strength to say no to Byeol.

"So what do you think?" Byeol says in the end. "Jungwon?"

Jungwon returned his gaze at her. Since he wasn't paying attention, he had no idea what to tell her. "Good?"

Byeol covered her mouth to stop herself from laughing. "You were definitely not listening. What were you thinking about that distracted you so much?"

"Nothing, just not sleeping well lately." He made up an excuse.

She believed his half-baked excuse anyway so he didn't need to explain himself more. "I know a place where you can sleep, follow me!"

And then she began to walk. How was he going to force himself to sleep? He wasn't in any way sleepy at all. Mentally facepalming himself, he followed her to wherever she was headed.

Jungwon gazed at Byeol. She was no doubt one of the prettiest person he has ever met. There was something about her that was breathtaking in some way. If he had never found out about her and Sunghoon, she would still have Jungwon wrapped around her fingers.

He stifled a laugh when he remembered Jihee telling that to him. He never really realized how deep he was into Byeol not until a certain someone would not stop reminding him how much of a fool he was when it came to her.

"I've seen fools like you in so many realities."

It made him think deeply. Just how much has Jihee experienced? She looked like he was her age but he clearly knew she was a century older than him. She spoke as if she's experienced a lot. She looked like she wasn't afraid of anything.

She was a mystery that intrigued him.

He wanted to know her more. He wanted to know who really was the stranger.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
AUTHOR'S NOTE :

okay let me speed up some things

i hope everyone is safe right now. stay safe please especially now that a lot is happening :(