{2} beyond the doors

Newt nods. "Y/n." he says, looking at me and grinning. "That's a beautiful name."
____________________

[One month later]

"Y/n." I hear a thick british accent say, trying to wake me up.

Already knowing who the voice belongs to, I groan and turn over in my hammock, away from Newt while keeping my eyes closed.

"Y/n, come on. Get up." he tells me, poking my side and causing me to flinch away. "It's been a month since you first got here, which means the box is going to bring someone new up."

"You guys said the box comes up just before lunch." I mutter, somewhat annoyed.
He's really trying to wake me up when I don't need to be up.

"Yes we did, but you should come join us for breakfast, and we'll have stuff to do after the box comes up. So there won't be time to eat right away." he explains.
"And I know you like to eat." he adds, I can hear the smile on his face as he speaks.

The smile is because he knows that he's pretty much gotten me figured out, him and Alby both have. Which is strange because it's only been a month and even I'm still trying to figure myself out. Yet the two have grown awfully close to me.

I turn back over in my hammock to face him, opening my eyes. "It's creepy how you two know as much about me as I know about myself."

"You're a pretty easy person to understand, we've gotten you all figured out." he says matter of factly, folding his arms with a grin on his face.

"Oh do you now, Newt?" I ask, raising a brow.

I really want to try and prove both them and myself wrong, surprise them with something new and unpredictable.

He nods proudly. "I'm sure I've proved that to you enough times before though, now come on Alby's waiting."

Groaning, I sit up and kick my legs over the side of my hammock, sliding my feet into my dirty shoes, tying the laces then getting up.

"Bloody Glade, Y/n." Newt says, raising his eyebrows.

I worriedly look down, patting my body before looking back up to him with a puzzled expression. "What?"

He smiles. "Your hair's a mess."

I roll my eyes, pushing his arm playfully. "You know, your breath could use some freshening up too." I say, using my fingers to brush out my hair.

He acts hurt before smirking and turning around, motioning for me to follow after him.

I finish combing out my hair before catching up with him, slowing down to match his pace as I get to his side.

He's oddly quiet for a moment, until Newt suddenly turns to me. "Last one there has to clean up tonight." he says before suddenly taking off towards our table.

"Hey! That's not fair!" I shout, sprinting after him.
I know it's no use, he can easily outrun me.
I know I'm fast, but Newt is so much quicker. I've never been able to beat him anytime we race.

I should've seen this coming the moment he went quiet. Everyday, as we make our way to breakfast he would suddenly turn to me then challenge me to a race before taking off in a full sprint, winning every time.

Once I get to the table I see Alby and Newt already sitting down and eating, an unoccupied plate of food sitting in front of the blond boy.

"Newt that wasn't fair." I frown, crossing my arms.

"You had to have known that was coming Y/n. I do it every bloody day." he laughs, pointing at the food across from him. "Come on I know your hungry."

"Fine." I sigh, sitting on the bench across from the two boys.