{8} escape

I gasp, snapping my head back up, startling everyone. "I have an idea." I smirk.
____________________

Minho, Newt and I walk up to the opened Maze doors as Gally's men bring Thomas and Teresa to the front of the opening. Stopping in front of two wooden posts that were put into the ground earlier.

Gally finishes crossing Alby's name off the stone wall before standing in front of everyone, all the boys gathered around the doors.

"This is such a waste." Gally sighs as two of his men drop Thomas on the ground, the other holding Teresa's arms behind her back.

"Gally." Winston speaks up from the front of the crowd. Gally turns to face him, raising an eyebrow. Winston shakes his head. "This doesn't feel right, man."

Jeff nods beside Winston. "Gally, what if Thomas is right? What if he can get us home."

"We are home." Gally assures. "I don't want to cross anymore names off that wall." he motions to where all our names are carved, many crossed out from over the years.

"Do you really think banishing us is going to solve anything?" Teresa asks, glaring at Gally.

"No." Gally answers simply. "This isn't a banishing. It's an offering."

I watch silently as the boy holding Teresa begins to tie her to the post. I'm not that really that worried about the sudden change, even if we were wrong about this being a banishing, we can still easily go through with the plan.

"Gally, what are you doing?" Teresa questions, struggling against the boy tying her. But he's too strong, he quickly ties her arms to the post above her head.

"Do you really think I'm going to let Thomas back into the Maze after everything he's done?!" Gally exclaims. "Look around you! Look what he's done to our Glade!"

As everyone turns to look, I glance at Newt, nodding slightly. He glances at Minho and gives him his signal as Gally continues his rant.
Just on time, I see Chuck in the distance carrying all of our supplies. He gets closer, waiting for the next part of our plan before he runs in.

"Are you listening to him? Why are you all just standing there?" Teresa asks the crowd. "He's crazy."

"Shut up!" Gally snap, glaring at her before turning to the boys in front of Thomas. "Tie him up!"

The boys hesitate, causing Gally to get angrier. "Did you two hear me?! I said tie him up!" he orders.

The boys crouch down and begin to lift Thomas's limp body.

Suddenly, Thomas elbows the boy to his left in the ribs, keeping him down. He quickly gets up and knocks the other boy down, hitting him over the head with the blunt end of a spear he took from the first boy.

Then, everything else happens at once.

Newt rushes in as someone is about to attack Thomas from behind, hitting him in the back of the head with the handle of his machete and knocking him out.

Another boy attempts to get Thomas, but I quickly take my machete out. Stepping in front of the boy, I point the end of the blade to his neck and glare at him, stopping him in his tracks.

Teresa kicks someone in the groin before Frypan cuts the rope tying her hands and gives her a weapon.

Minho rushes up behind Gally, pointing the blade of his machete at the boy.

Newt, Minho and I slowly join the other three in front of the doors, still pointing our weapons at whoever we stopped. Chuck rushes up to us, standing at the back of our group.