十一

Hey y'all

Don't be afraid to comment, yall give me motivation to write as well as remind to write, so don't be a silent reader ^^

   He woke up with a gasp, eyes flying open, shooting to sit up, hand coming to his neck. He gasped when another way of electrifying pain pulses through his veins again. Getting up, he staggered to the bathroom, ripping off the bandage on his neck. Looking in the mirror, the mark was still red. Another, breathtaking, chest tightening sensation overtook him, making him grip on the edge of the countertop, taking a deep breath as a strong sense of longing washed over him after the painful wave that seemed to run through his blood.

"Fuck..." he whispered. His body was itching to touch another, at the back of his mind a voice was telling him to go, to be near, to be close to his mate.

   His mate.

   His mate. He groaned, finally straightening and began his usual morning routine, but a certain person kept plaguing his thoughts; Sicheng. His voice, his face, his body, his scent, his touch. He wanted to stop, but the pulses of longing and pain coming from his shoulder keeps bringing him back unwillingly.

Mindlessly cleaning the living room, he looked towards the Tv stand, looking directly at the cabinets below, where he remembers storing candles from gifts. He left the broom leaning against the couch, watching towards the Tv stand. He dug through the surprisingly large amount of candles, before pulling one out, breath hitching as he whispered the label. "Winter Campfire."

Grabbing a lighter, he went back to his room, sat at desk, where all his study materials from yesterday laid opened. Careful not to set anything else on fire, he lit the candle, setting it against the wall at the edge of his desk. Close, but a tad bit away.

He fidgeted with his phone as he waited for the smell to come through, then it hit.

It wasn't as strong as Sicheng's, didn't have that certain alpha musk that always intertwined with not that warmth, but nonetheless, it smelled so similar. He took a deep breath, sighing as the ache of his mark eased a bit, and he turned back to his study materials, finally able to concentrate on studying rather than Sicheng.

💋

   He stretched as he walked out the exam hall, students flooding out the building around him. That was his last exam of the day. Walking into the main campus area, he looked around, trying to spot his friends so they can go out for dinner, as they planned.

   Luckily he didn't have to search for long as he spotted Johnny, Taeyong, and Doyoung already coming towards him.

   "Yuta, I got some gossip I'm sure you'd love to hear." Johnny immediately said once in earshot, throwing an around his shoulder, and he had to hold back a wince as his heavy arm land right atop his mark.

   "Hm? So tell then." He replied, trying to hide the fact that he was grinding his teeth. The mark was still tender, hurting too touch, like a dark bruise would, flesh no longer bleeding but still an angry red and slightly swollen. He wore turtlenecks under hoodies, using scent blockers excessively, he's found himself having to use more and more, as if his scent was fighting to show off it's new undertone scent.

   "Hm.... I'll tell you when we eat." Johnny teased as they walked.

   "Hyung, how were your exams?" Doyoung asked, diverging the topic.

   Yuta groaned, "I never want to do another ever again." He complained light heartedly as they headed to a nearby cafe they frequent. Truly, he really didn't. Not this week at least. While the aching and pain has eased up slightly, it's only when he smells and drowns himself in the scent of the candle similar to Sicheng's scent that the ache ebbs away. Every exam he took, it's taken him longer to finish these days than in the past years, the ache distracting. He was so glad it was Thursday and that tomorrow was the last day for exams.