二十三

💋

"Thank you." Taking back his card he stepped away from the taxi and waiting until it drove off to turn around to look at the hospital. Putting his hands in his jacket's pockets he walked towards the building's entrance, passing the first automatic doors before stepping aside watching a couple coming through the second pair. Out of politeness he nodded his head towards the older couple but they didn't acknowledge him.

   Just as they passed him he heard one hissing, "–no place in our family doing such things, he..." words fading out the farther they got and Sicheng furrowed his brows, something about the two seemed familiar— Turning, he watches the pair, a sleek black, expensive looking car pulled up to the curb and the two got in the back. Just before the door closed he caught sight of their faces. The Nakamotos.

   Shit, since when they get here? How did they know? He cursed under his breathe as he made his way to Yuta's room, trying not to run. The walk was quick and the door was in his sight. He placed his hand on the doorknob, about to turn it when he thought for a second. Letting it go he brought up his fist and knocked on the door.

"Come in." A voice that didn't belong to Yuta, came from inside the room. One of his friends must've stayed with him. This might be a bit harder then... With a deep breathe he opened the door, stepping inside, but before he could make it in far, "What the hell are you doing here?"

   He looks up to the hospital bed where Yuta looks up at him with big eyes, dried tear stains down his cheeks, and he instantly feels worry. Beside him, standing partly in his view of the Japanese, Taeyong is standing in front of him, the expression on his face and in his voice not quite welcoming. Understandable. "I want to talk with Yuta... preferably alone."

Eyes squinting in a glare, "How do I know you won't h—"

"Knock it off Tae, I'll talk with him." Yuta's voice came from behind the eldest in the room along with a sigh.

   Taeyong looked over his shoulder to look at the Japanese, and the two seems to share a silent conversation before he turned back and turned walking towards him to the door, but before he passed Sicheng, he put on his shoulder and whispered in his ear, his voice a growl, "You better not fucking hurt him or say anything bad to him, you've hurt him enough, dipshit."

   Sicheng had to take a small, deep breath to stop himself from going after the other alpha for calling him a dipshit to focus on what he came here for; Yuta. He closed the door behind him as he stepped more into the room, approaching the other. He looked around for a bit before sitting down on the chair beside the bed. He licked his lips, trying to organize his thoughts, to figure out what to say to fix this mess they're created between them.

   "Why're you here?" Yuta asked after some seconds of silence. He fidgeted with the bedsheets, he doesn't know why Sicheng was here, and he was a bit nervous. Last time they spoke earlier the taller had walked out the room without a word with a look on his face that he couldn't read; and from what he heard, had passed out in the hallway. Why would he have passed out? Is he okay now? Why did he walk out like that? After what he told Taeyong, he's not sure how to think of the other alpha. Sure, he might— he might like Sicheng, something in him feels a bit better now that he's so close, but after what they've been doing to each other for the pass years now.... He doesn't know.

   "I," Yuta looked up to Sicheng as he started to speak, but the latter was looking towards the ground.  Sicheng looked around for a second, gathering his thoughts before finally saying, "I want to apologize..."

   "For what?" The Japanese asked. For what specifically, there's so many things to apologize for, that I need to apologize for, that you need to apologize for...

   Sicheng took a deep breath, looking up into Yuta's eyes in a sudden bout of courage, to face him and talk to him earnestly. "I want to apologize for- for everything. For this, for hurting you so bad that it costed another life, that it hurt you badly, I'm sorry." He admitted. "Im sorry for getting angry at you earlier, when you as Chenle both got hurt and it was accident but I was too pissed to accept it. I'm sorry for marking you and making you be tied to me," he couldn't stop himself from talking, he just- he just has to get it all out now.

   "I'm sorry I even approached you in the library while knowing we were both close to our ruts– I'm sorry for always- for always fighting with you... once we started this sort of, rivalry, I couldn't stop— I, it was the only consistent thing I had that I had some control over, and I regret it..." he admitted with a deep breath, looking away, his previous bravery gone, and replaced with shame that filled his being, and he was unable to look Yuta in the eyes no more. "I'm sorry I let our parents hatred for each other influential myself into hating you and for promoting this and making this miserable for the both of us. Because I don't hate you. But I hate that we have this 'rivals with benefits' situation; I hate that I've made myself think that I hate you and that I've convinced my inner wolf to hate you and that I let myself follow my instincts and that all of this— all of this is my fault for letting it go to shit. And I'm sorry."

He took a shaky breath as he looked away from the light blue ways of the hospital room and looked back to Yuta face, into his eyes that were shiny, the Japanese's face in disbelief, shock, and something else he couldn't tell. "I'm sorry that I don't hate you, I'm so fucking sorry that I fell in love with you and still continued to fuck us over time, and time again. I'm really, really sorry; and if you want me to leave, I will, and I'll switch rooms with someone and you won't have to deal with me."

With his final word he finally unclench his fists in his lap that he didn't even realize he was clenching, little moon shaped indented decorated the inside of his palms, and they didn't sting or hurt —how could he feel any hurt when he has hurt the man in front him many more times that he can count?

_________

Thoughts?

Yes I know this chapter is a bit short, (~1.1k) and that it's taken so long to publish, I'm sorry. I've been busy with marching band, and school starts very soon for me so I don't know how often updates will be, I'm hoping to update every 2 weeks, again, sorry for the short update and long wait.

Also, on a bright note, my book Hazy Memories has reached 100k views, so if you're a YuWin fan, you should check that book out, it's also a abo alphaxalpha dynamic, enemies to lovers too.... I'm a fan of enemies to lover tropes as well as alphaxalpha Okay—

Anyways see y'all next time
-💚🌱