eight

__

__

"Hey," Mingi says, ignoring the low voices in the hall.

"You okay?"

Seonghwa's head rolls against the wall until he's looking at Mingi.

He doesn't look like he's freaking out about the throwing up, but maybe it's because of the lingering high from the ecstasy.

"Is Joongie okay?" Seonghwa asks, and Mingi's heart aches, unsurprised that even like this, Seonghwa is only concerned about Hongjoong.

"He's okay," Mingi says.

"Jongho and Yunho have him."

"San was yelling," Seonghwa says, his voice so, so soft.

"Yeah," Mingi says, putting a hand on Seonghwa's knee.

"It's okay. He didn't mean to."

"He was right," Seonghwa says, hanging his head and looking so, so ashamed.

Mingi shakes his head.

"No, he wasn't. Hongjoong's not an addict."

Seonghwa's breathing is kind of shallow.

His hands are trembling.

Mingi has never seen that happen before, not with Seonghwa.

"Hey, I think you need some of the vitamin C drink and stuff. Let me see your mouth," Mingi says, remembering what Yunho and Jongho had checked Hongjoong for in the car.

Seonghwa opens his mouth and sure enough, his tongue is bleeding a little, but it doesn't look too bad.

"Okay," Mingi says, "Maybe Jongho has magnesium. Hold on, I'm gonna go get some stuff."

"Okay," Seonghwa whispers, looking pathetic and miserable and exhausted.

Mingi sighs.

"Hey," Mingi says, trying for his gentlest voice.

"Hey, look at me. Yeah, see? I'm not scary. Hwa, it's okay. You don't have to look so grim. Everything is gonna be fine."

"Wooyoung will kick us out of the house," Seonghwa whispers, wrapping his arms around himself and drawing his knees up to his chest.