thirteen

__

__

"I called my mom at 8:30 or so. I was supposed to meet my parents and brother and sister for dinner, but I was at a party and it was snowing hard. The trains were all stopped."

Seonghwa stares at Wooyoung and rests his mouth against the back of Hongjoong's shoulder.

Hongjoong is balanced in Seonghwa's lap, exhausted and barely able to keep his head up, but he sits at the table with everyone else and listens to Wooyoung, because this is important.

"I was at a party with some friends who liked to...I mean, I did, too," Wooyoung continues.

"Like. Adderall, a couple of times, and speed once. And cocaine. Like, kind of regularly. Not - not a lot. But sometimes. Like on my birthday."

"Wooyoung," Yunho breathes, leaning into Mingi.

Jongho sniffles and looks kind of out of it, still under the weather and fever-shaky.

Wooyoung bites his lip and takes a minute before he goes on.

"I had a bunch of missed calls from my mom, and I called her back, and she said they waited at the restaurant but they lost the reservation and went home and why wasn't I there, and I was so fucking high, and I just - I just told her. I'm sure she knew something had been weird with me for a while, but. She asked what I was on and I said cocaine, and she said okay, they would come get me, and it would be fine. She said they would be there in 15 minutes, and they were." Wooyoung breaks off and there are tears in his eyes.

Seonghwa's emotions are all fucked up from the drugs, but he can still feel an ache in his chest.

He read Hongjoong's upset in the tense lines of his shoulders, the way he's clutching Seonghwa's fingers.

"It's okay, Wooyoungie," San whispers.

Wooyoung nods and taps his fingers on the table, tears in his eyes, composing himself.

"Yeah," Mingi says.

"It's fine."

Wooyoung takes a shaky breath.

"I got in the car. We started driving home, and I was talking so fast and I was just - I couldn't process why my mom was worried because I thought I was fine, and I was so fucking high. And then there was a patch of ice, and the car started sliding, and we went off the road. Off an overpass. No one else got hurt. It was only my family, and I-I-"