Chapter 6

When both boys were awake there was a fire going and they saw a small bag of berries next to them. Minho saw them both staring at the bag and he replied, "Those are for you. You guys were asleep when we had dinner. It was actually not that good considering none of us knew how to skin a squirrel."

Newt sighed, Thomas laughed. They had their little snack and decided to go closer to the fire. They sat next to Minho who was holding on to Teresa by the hip. A girl Thomas new as Madeleine was sitting on the other side of Teresa

"Hey, you guys never told me what happened the two weeks I was unconscious." Newt said.

Minho, Teresa and Thomas all shared a glance at each other. "Well we were tested on and put under a simulation thing and apparently none of us are related, well Thomas and Teresa are, and you and Sonya too. There was never actually a virus and those Cranks were just experiments gone wrong. Oh and you, Madeleine, and the rest of these other kids that were supposedly not immune to the sickness still have one of your powers." Minho explained for the group.

Newt just sat there trying to absorb all the new information. He quickly turned invisible seeing if that was his power. Luckily he still had his favorite fighting technique. He re-appeared and turned to Thomas with a sad smile. The raven haired boy turned to give Newt a hug and Newt just sighed.

The group looked up seeing a green figure run by. The five got up and started to run towards where they saw it fade into the trees. Sonya saw them running and she pulled Harriet along with her. They met up with the other two couples. She didn't know what they were after but she didn't want to be left behind again.

Thomas came to a stop, being the leader of the group, and hid behind a bush. The others either hid behind him or a nearby tree. They saw a boy with green hair walking to a girl with purple hair. They stared in amazement as the two interacted.

Thomas jumped out from behind the bush he had previously been hiding in. "Hey!" He yelled but immediately regretted seeing the girls eyes turn black and the boys turn green. "Whoa! I am not trying to hurt anyone! I have friends with powers too!"

Madeleine stood up and grabbed Newt by the arm and pulled him with her. Madeleine's eyes glowed red and Newt turned invisible. The two young teenagers looked astonished. All four became their regular selves and Minho, Teresa, Harriet, and Sonya all came out from hiding spots.

"I'm Minho."

"Teresa"

"Hi I am Harriet and this is Sonya." Harriet said with a wave, Sonya waving too.

Thomas introduced himself and Newt, which only left Madeleine to say her name. Everyone looked at her expectantly, she sighed and said "Hello I'm Madeleine."

"Well I'm Garfield but you can call me Gar," the green haired boy said. "And this is Rachel." He said pointing to the girl with purple hair. "We should probably get going, do you guys want to come with us?"

They all looked at each other and decided that they would follow the two. With nods they followed Gar who was holding the gi- Rachel's hand.

They came up to a big mansion, "What are we doing here?" she asked. She seemed a bit on edge but since none of them really knew her nobody really noticed.

Gar answered, "I live here. Well sort of. Follow me!" He held a mischievous grin on his face. Newt noticed he grabbed Rachel's hand again and couldn't help but laugh how the two obviously have feelings for each other.

They walked down a flight of stairs to a door. Gar opened it and went inside. All teenagers followed not wanting to be left in the freezing winter cold.