5.Rough morning 🍳

Voight woke up well before Teddy the next morning. Standing up from his place on the couch he pulled down his blue pajama pants as he groaned from back pain. He was well aware that it was in fact a weekday and both him and Teddy had work and school, but the last thing he was doing was letting that little battered young lady go to school, so he had plans of calling in.

After checking on Teddy to make sure she was still asleep, he called into Antonio asking if he could run the unit for the day. Voight felt like he had known Antonio forever. He and his wife Laura were such sweet people and he could always rely on his partner to have his back.

School was the last thing Teddy needed right now. He was going to let her sleep as long as she could. The poor thing had taken a pretty harsh beating and she needed time to recuperate. His heart raced just thinking about all of it. He wanted to kill that man so bad; he wanted to kill anybody who hurt children. It was like beating a puppy, they're all defenseless.

Voight woke up to the squeak of his bedroom door. For a moment he was confused about why he was on the couch, but the sight of a bruised face emerging from his room brought the whole thing back to him.

"Where do you think you're going?" He called out in an even scruffier voice than normal. Teddy jumped from his presence. She didn't expect to be caught.

"I'm going to be late for school, I have to go home and change." She was still in the clothes he had given her last night.

"Oh yeah and how are you going to explain those marks on your wrist or that black eye." He was right, she had no excuses.

"You're not going to home, and you're certainly not going to school."

He pushed himself to a sitting position so now his white V-neck and his blue plaid pajama pants were visible. You could tell by the way he rubbed his eyes that he had a late night.

"I have to go. If I miss school I can't go to practice. I can't miss practice." She stuttered.

"I'll call your coach. I'm sure he'll understand." She had made it to the door by now, and was looking back at him.

"Go ahead, try it. Try to turn the handle. "

He had the locks switched to key only, when Erin was going through her withdrawal. Every night she would try to sneak out to get her fix, but the cop in him had outsmarted her.

Sure enough Teddy tried the door, and the knob wouldn't budge.

"Go back into my room and crawl back into bed. I'll call your coach, and then later we're going to talk. "

"I'll be in there in a minute with some more ice for your eye."

She didn't want to miss practice, but sleep sounded so nice. She hadn't had a good night sleep for as long as she imagined, it was always somehow interrupted by Frank.

Teddy tried the handle one more time, and then gave up. Still staring at it she huffed.

"I wasn't lying when I said you can't get out." He said knowingly to her.

"You can't keep me here; you have no authority over me." Her voice was firm, and demanding, but Voight wasn't going to deal with that.

"I'm a cop, and I'm helping you, now go back into that bedroom before I put you there myself."

"This is kidnapping, you've been following me around, and now I'm locked in your house."

"Well you're lucky I haven't handcuffed you yet." Voight laughed. "Now go."

"Let me out!" She yelled, pounding on the door.

"Go!" He stated pointing to his bedroom.

"I don't have to listen to you, I'm leaving," She tried her hardest to open the door, failing miserably and squealing in frustration.