16. Little one

"Erin will you go answer my phone, I think it's ringing." Voight asked in the middle of the case briefing Antonio was giving. He looked up to the brunette who's black jacket was shrugged over her shoulders,

"I'm not your secretary you know." She growled folding her arms and glaring at him.

"Just go get it, will yah?" She made a face at him and he watched her as she left for his office.

"Continue, 'Tonio." He rasped.

"So as I was saying this guy just got out of jail and it looks like he's reunited with the Red Jokers. It looks like they're making a move tomorrow night." Antonio said pointing to a picture of one of the suspects.

"Hank." Erin interrupted her red painted nails covering the receiver of his phone. He looked up her blue blouse to see her face. "It's Derek Woodruff." She gave him a worried glance.

"What?" He questioned his eyes getting big. He pulled the sleeves down on his maroon henley.

"Derek Woodruff. One of Teddy's coaches." Her hazel eyes explained.

"I know who Derek Woodruff is. Hand me the phone." He grabbed his phone from her hand.

"Hello." He said bringing the receiver up against the stubble on his cheek. "Yeah.. yeah... okay." He motioned for Jay to hand him a pen and a paper. "Which one are you at? Lakeshore? Okay." The whole team watched him as he was clearly listening to the man other the other side of the phone. He jotted a few things down and exhaled. "How'd this happen, Derek?" They all sat there silent for a few moments. "If they let you see her tell her I'll be there in a minute. And Derek can you stay with her until I get there? I'll be right there, thanks."
Voight rubbed his face with his palm as he hung up the phone.

"What was that about?" Al asked leaning back in his chair.

"Teddy was running at cross practice and some jackass jumped the curb and hit her." He answered grabbing his jacket.

"What?" Erin's eyes got big as she looked over at him.

"She blacked out for a few minutes, but by the time the boys running with her called the ambulance and Derrick got there. Derrick had her incoherently talking. They're running tests on her now."

"Is she okay?" Adam asked.

"She'll be fine. Al, come with me. The rest of you get to work on finding what CI's we have within the Red Jokers."

"I'm looking for Teddy Sharkey." Voight asked walking up to the nurses station in the pediatric ward. Al followed close behind him.

"You must be her father. She was just brought from testing, in the second room on the left. "

Voight didn't say anything he just stormed past her towards her room.

"Thank you." Al whispered giving her a small smile.

" You called him." Voight could hear a weak version of Teddy's voice ask as he approached her door.

"What was I supposed to do not tell him you got hit by a car superstar?.="

"You could've just dropped me off at home." She mumbled.

" You're so drugged up you're making no sense,kiddo." Derek chuckled.

Voight knocked lightly on a door that read 207.

"Hey." Voight said softly sticking his hand out to Derrick who was sitting next to her. Derrick stood up and shook his hand.

"Hank." Teddy whined stirring from what looked to be a drug induced haze. He looked over at the pale girl whose head was wrapped in a bandage and whose body was covered by a hospital gown. Her arm was strapped to her chest in a sling and her opposite foot was occupied with a boot.