𝟮𝟬. 𝗜𝘁 𝗶𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝘆𝗲𝘁

Writers' POV

9:35

"Is everyone okay?"

The nine survivors slowly start to get back to their senses. Daesu is grunting in pain, holding on to his damaged leg. Onjo rises from the ground and turns herself towards the construction site, hoping to see three familiar faces.

But there is no single movement.

"Onjo, let's go"

Suhyeok walks over to her and places his hand on her shoulder. The girl looks up with sad eyes.

"I'll go and check. I'll be back"

She takes a deep breathe before walking off. Something in her knows that they're still alive.

"Onjo, we're coming too"

Namra and Wujin quickly pace after her. The three of them make their way through the damaged woods, towards the building not so far from them. Onjo takes the lead and starts to walk up the stairs, studying everything around her.

When getting to the highest level, her hopes fade. Everything looks dead. There is no sign of anything human. Just damaged goods and rocks.

"Hara?" Onjo whispers. "Are you here?"

Wujin looks around him too, looking for anything that can help them understand the situation. Onjo starts to cry as Namra comforts her. 

"They can't be dead right?" Wujin asks. "That's..not how it was supposed to end"

"Let's say goodbye to them and go.." Namra whispers.

The girls turn to Wujin who's standing on the other side of the room with bawling fists. He has his eyes set on the ground, not knowing what to do.

"Wujin.."

Onjo wasn't even able to finish her sentence or Wujin already passed her without exchanging a single eye contact. Namra pats her on her shoulder, signing her to let him be.

They all lost a friend, but the journey isn't over yet.

10:15

The nine friends walk around the woods. Suhyeok and Gyeongsu help Daesu with walking while the others are all exhausted due to dehydration. Wujin is walking after them with at least a five meter gab between him and the group.

"Wujin hurry up!" Daesu calls for him.

The boy ignores him, keeping his head down. Hari notices her brothers weird behaviour and marches towards him.

"You okay? Are you hurt?"

"I'm fine" 

"You don't have to act though all the time. I'm your sister, I know"

He chuckles. "Of course you know"

She smiler and throws her arm around her little brothers shoulder. It stays quiet for a bit while everyone just focuses on finding their way out of these sketchy woods. 

"Guys.." Gyeongsu gently hands Daesu to Suhyeok, pointing at a tree. "Look there"

Hari notices it and goes down the hill. She gets on her toes to grab the thing Gyeongsu was pointing at. It's a golden ribbon. Wujin assists Suhyeok with helping the injured Daesu down the hill. 

Everyone gathers around Hari.

"I think someone left it here" She says, still studying it.

"Who would do something so nice?" Mijin says exited. "A ginseng digger?"