NIGHT FIVE(2)

Fire

1991

You were on cloud nine as you helped Michael lock up the store.  As you moved, you kept glancing down at your hand, starstruck by the ring on your finger. There was no one else you'd rather spend your life with.

Michael came up behind you as you inspected one of the animatronics, checking to make sure everything was in order.  In your head, they might be less aggressive at night if they were well loved in the day.  Michael had told you time and time again that it didn't work that way, but he honestly had no idea - he had never worked during the day to try it.

"Boo," he called into your ear, tapping your shoulders.  You jumped, startled, but you'd recognize your husband-to-be's voice anywhere. A good-natured laugh slipped through his lips.

"God, Michael," you laughed, stepping back to shove him as you shook off the initial jolt of surprise. You glanced over your shoulder, taking in the boyish smile he wore, and shaking your head.

As annoying as he was at times, you would never change a thing. It was nice to know that no matter how much shit was thrown at him, he still had light in his eyes. The world had forced him to grow up fast but the boy inside of him refused to die.

"I'm sure Golden Freddy is really grateful you're doing that for him," he whispered after the moment died down, wrapping his arms around your waist.  He placed a kiss on your cheek and rested his head beside yours.

"I think even sentient animatronics deserve to be a little pampered," you commented, straightening Freddy's tie.  "See, doesn't he look handsome?"

"I bet he makes all the lady animatronics swoon."

"Reminds me of someone else I know," you stated, eyeing him over your shoulder.

"Who? Me?"  Michael asked, pretending not to understand the joke.  "I don't know about that one - Chica's a little standoffish and Circus Baby is my sister."

"I wasn't talking about the animatronics, you weirdo," you remarked.  After you fixed Freddy, you spun around to meet Michael in a brief kiss, resting your hands on his shoulders.

"I must make the whole world swoon.  You wanna know why? Because you're my world," Michael stated, his hands resting on your waist.  As the words played back through his ears, he cringed.  "That was so much better in my head."

"It's okay, Casanova, you got your speech in for the day," you smiled, stepping away to allow Michael to take the lead.  He began to walk, heading off the stage.  "What more do you have to pack up?"

"I'm all done in here. I ordered a few new attractions and amenities. All I have to do is check to make sure nothing's outside."  The sound of your shoes hitting the floor echoed softly around the open room.

"And then we can go home and get rid of some stress. Watch TV, make dinner, and, you know, finish what we started."

You nudged him, sliding your hand into his.  He squeezed, a nonverbal sign of his love.  You two weren't usually so touchy, but the jittery excitement coursing through your veins that night made it nearly impossible not to be.

Michael laughed, a light blush coloring his purple cheeks. "Can't keep your mind off of me, huh?"

"You're running through my brain like it's a marathon," you confirmed. "We don't even need to do... that if you don't want to.  I really just want to be close with you."