Chapter 7- Murroway

After spending the night in Murroway, the three began to get themselves in order to head on the road again. Valeria had woken herself up the earliest and was waiting outside of the inn for the rest of the crew. Luckily, it wasn't long before they joined her. On their way out, they passed by a small farm, in which a dog was herding sheep. Nearby, the farmer, an elderly man, stood by.

     "Good morning sir!" Valeria waved and walked over to the man. Mosi and Jae followed close behind, wondering if Valeria knew him. Valeria, of course, didn't, but accosted him nonetheless.

     "Oh, good morning!" he cheerfully greeted her, "are you headed on the road?"

     "Yup, we're headed to Reyvinar," Valeria informed him.

     "Reyvinar, eh?" the old man pondered,  his leathery face knit in thought, "I heard stories about how there have been a whole lot of drakes running around those parts. They're not just any old drakes either— apparently, they're especially aggressive and can even use some magic."

     "We'll be alright," Valeria assured him.

      "Are you sure?" he questioned. "I even heard of wyverns attacking people. Why don't you stay here a little while longer before it's taken care of?"

      "I don't keep these two around for their good looks, y'know," Valeria teased, gesturing to her friends.

     "Yeah!" Mosi enthusiastically chimed in. "Wait a sec—"

      "The three of us are a certified kick-ass group of mercenaries! It doesn't matter if we're up against drakes or wyverns— we'll cut em all down!" Valeria boasted with a fist pump.

     "Is that so?" the man asked, raising his bushy eyebrows.

     "Yup! And since we're headed out, we'll be sure to get rid of any threats near Murroway, too," Valeria replied.

     "That would be wonderful!" he beamed.

     "Just doin' what we do best!" Valeria smiled. 

     "Oh, and by the way," he leaned over the fence, "word is that there have been some Demons lurkin' around. Now, I don't know what kind, but you better be careful. They're a shifty bunch."

     "Well," Valeria looked to Jae and Mosi, whom she had just a big conversation with about Demons before, "we just fight monsters. I'm sure we'll be fine."

     "You better pray to Sairesa it ain't no Hidden," the old man's eyes widened, pointing with a wrinkly finger. "You'll hardly be able to blink before they cut you down!"

     "Uh, right, I'll keep that in mind," Valeria vaguely acknowledged, then started to walk away. "Take care, now!"

     Valeria began to continue on the path outward with Mosi and Jae following behind.

     "Be careful!" the man called after them.

     Valeria turned around and waved at him.

     "Did you know him?" Jae inquired.

     "No, no," Valeria answered, "but we got some valuable information, didn't we?"

     "Did you call me ugly?" Mosi jabbed.

     "Maybe," Valeria smirked.

     Jae shook his head in disbelief.

      "You don't usually hear about wyverns being around here," Valeria changed the subject back to what was important. "I wonder if it has to do with the Prince's kidnapping."