that was not supposed to happen

Hello and welcome back to the miserable life of lilith and how it came to an end.

Now you must be wondering "hah lilith you died?"

"No not yet but I sure did fuck up BIG time."

So anyways back to where we were; right now, Alberu crossman is sitting in front of me in his office desk, glaring at me.

'What is this déjà vu'

I felt like I had already gone through this before, like I am being interrogated or something.

"Di-did you need something from me your highness?" my voice shuttered as little drop of sweat dripped down my forehead

'Please someone get me out of here. Maybe an asteroid will hit somewhere and I will be saved'

As stupid as it may have sounded, I really did wish for that.

"Now now I promised Cale henituse that I will be treating you as a guest and I will be doing just that. So don't just stand there, please have a sit"

"No, I- I am alright right here"

"Sit."

"Yes sir"

The air felt heavy and I couldn't disobey anything he said.

"Now then lilith, I could see how cale figured out my identity but you, on the other hand-"

'Ah lilith think think. He is definitely thinking  if I have special ability or something'

"I will just come out and say it. Are you a spy?"

"Yes... No wait huh what"

"I am asking are you a spy from other kingdom"

Gaze as sharp as knife, and tone just as serious made its way to me. It was a warning. A warning that any kind of half assed answer would not suffice.

But me being me

"Umm will you believe me if I said I am mage capable enough to sense even your hidden mana?"

Doomed myself further.

I saw Alberu's eye widened in disbelief.

"No, I do not think you are. You would have to be a dragon to sense that. Even that may be difficult."

'Yeah figured'

"I cannot say how I figured it out, your highness please understand that but rest assured I am not a spy or any kind of threat for the kingdom or you"

'Yeah, I am too dumb and clumsy to be a spy'

I did not say that part out loud.

Alberu looked at me for a moment, contemplated and then finally opened his mouth to speak

"Very well, since Cale henituse seems to trust you quite a lot, I will stay quiet for now"

Haaaa

I finally let my breath out that felt like I kept on hold forever

"However,"

Those words made my body flinch as my eyes laid on his blue eyes who looked really scary right now.

"I will be keeping an eye on you until I am convinced you are someone I can trust"

"Please do as you please, your highness"

I bowed and I was relieved that it all ended with me almost having a heart attack

His look of distrust never went away even as he got back to his work while I just sat there sipping my tea.