Chapter 6

Once Alex woke up he didn't want to talk. He was all cleaned up but he could still feel the blood on his hands. Wolf was in the room with him waiting for Alex to be discharged. Alex looked at his hands. The doctor came in and told them they could go. The hospital gave Alex a free shirt and they left the hospital. They got to BB Alex went into the woods. Fox followed him silently. He watch Alex stop in front of a tree. He went to the other side and sat down. After Fox watch Alex for a little bit he went over to Alex.

"Is this set taken." Fox asked. Alex shook his head and Fox sat down next to Alex. Not too close to where fox could accidentally touch him. After awhile of silence Fox turned to Alex. "Hey Cub? Why aren't you talking?" Fox asked. Alex looked at him. Then he started to use Morse code.

"I keep stammering when I talk." Alex tapped to Fox. Fox nodded.

"I'm sure it's not bad. You were speaking fine yesterday." Fox said hoping to get him to talk. All Alex did was tap again,

"It got worse over night." Alex tapped.

"I'll be the judge of that." Fox said. Alex sighed.

"I I I, it go go got worse ov ov over ni nig night." Alex said and sighed. "Se se see." Alex said looking down. Fox felt bad for Alex.

"Not bad for a try." Fox said. Alex looked at him and did a half smile. "Come on Cub lets get back to the base. I'm sure we can find a way for you to talk." Both of them got up but Alex still was a distance away from Fox. When they got bad Wolf, Snake and Eagle were waiting for them.

"Hey Cub. You feeling better?" Wolf asked and Alex looked down. "Still won't talk." Wolf said.

"He did try and talk but he's doing better." Fox said almost touching Alex's shoulder but stopped before he could. Alex sent him a grateful look.

"Come on Cub we have the assault course to do." Eagle said running. Alex just walked far behind his team. He still had the image of Sabina and Tom dying. Once they got to the course they ran it a few times and then took a break.

"Cub, why don't you go run it once more." Wolf said. Alex rolled his eyes and ran through it one more time. "Okay what's the plan for Cub's birthday." Wolf said as soon as Alex was farther away.

"I think we should just do a surprise party with us and the sergeant." Fox said. They all nodded and then Snake specked up.

"We could get a cake that say Happy Birthday Cub. We need to know what's his favorite type of cake." Snake said.

"Leave that to me." Fox said.

"We could play some games as well." Eagle said.

"Of course Eagle. We know what we need to do. We will talk later." Wolf said. A few minutes later Alex came back. He tapped on Fox's shoulder and he turned around.

"What is it Cub?" Fox said. He pointed to the gate where a black car was waiting. It said MI6 on it. "Oh, okay. Guys I'll be right back." They walked over to see Ms. Jones in the care. She came out to great Alex.

"Hello Alex. You ready for your mission." Alex's eye widen. He started to back up and shake his head. "What's wrong with him?" She asked Fox.

"You didn't hear about what happen to Alex?" Fox asked. She shook her head. He got closer so Alex could not hear it. "Well he was capture and Scorpia killed his two best friends. He just got back today. He has not really talked." He said.

"Come on Alex." She said. Fox stopped her before she could touch him.

"He just got back from being seriously tortured. I think he deserves a few years." Fox said. Ms. Jones walked closer to Alex. Some guards got out of the car.

"We don't have that kind of time. Get him." She commanded the guards. They walked closer to Alex. Alex started to back up. One of them was able to touch him and he went crazy. He knocked them to the ground and ran for the woods. Fox held of Ms. Jones as Alex ran into the woods. The rest of the unit went to help Fox with the rest of the guards. Alex keep running till he knew he was fine. The unit got all the guards knocked out. Wolf came up to Ms. Jones.

"You leave Cub alone. I don't care that he is a MI6 agent but he is also a SAS agent and as long as he is here he's ours not yours so get out of here now." He said with a growl in his voice. Then all the guards woke up and they left. Now they had to find Alex. Fox found Alex sleeping against a tree that they were at earlier.

"Hey guys I found Alex." Fox yelled. Alex's eyes opened and he looked at Fox. "There gone." Fox said and Alex looked reveled. The rest of them came and Alex got up from the ground and stepped away from them. Alex started to walk back when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned around to see Fox. Alex smiled and then he took Fox's hand off his shoulder and keep walking.

"Cub, what happen? You have said nothing about what happen yesterday." Wolf said. Alex turned to them. He decided to try and tell them. He went closer to a tree and started to do Morse code.

"They tortured me." Alex said.

"I mean talk to use not some Morse code." Alex looked down.

"I can't." He said quietly.

"What did you say soilder!" Wolf said. Alex was startled by it.

"I... I said. I I I can can't!" Alex yelled back at Wolf. Alex started to fell tears go down his cheek so he ran. He ran back to the base and went into the other side of the forest. He could not tell them what happen cause of his stammering and that he could not have it relayed in his mind. They let him run. They started to walk back to the base. They talked more about what they were going to do for Alex's party. All Alex did was sit against a tree and watch nature. He fell asleep.